Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Today was the day of the Seattle Shave Con....so I didn't shave this morning, although the night before's shave was so close I didn't really need to...But I didn't want to shave this morning because, if by chance I traded for or scored something, anything, I would want immediate gratification this evening...

Boom! It brings me Great Pleasure, to present to you, Tonight's Shave...
    image.jpg

2. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I'll be more then happy to take the one you like the least off your hands when that time comes. I really enjoy the looks of the type A, B and C Schick. Razors. I would love to own one or 6.

Rufus T., Billyfergie and clint64 like this.
  3. Bird Lives

Today's Shave was one of those life defining moments....or should I say, 'Shaving Life' defining moments...You know, like when you first made a good lather....or first discovered DE's or Injectors or SE's....Well I've always wanted a Schick Repeater since I was digging my Dads Schick when I was a kid, and he told me, when he was a kid the Schicks had the injector right in the handle like a 45 Automatic. After that, the Schick Repeaters were the epitome of cool for me. But todays shave was the first time I've actually shaved with one...and unbelievable! I can't believe, after all these years of building these up in my head, I wasn't disappointed. In fact, it was better than I expected...one of those, "Best shaves of your life" type shaves...

And this razor also functions perfectly....After I took it completely apart and clean it and reassembled it, I loaded it with 10 blades and rifled all ten off onto a cloth on the table where I cleaned it...I reloaded it and did it again...It was flawless....I reloaded and racked another into the head and shaved...

Also, todays shave was made special by the fact that I haven't had an Arko Shave in over a year, and man, I've seriously missed it....Arko shave sticks would be my Desert Island soap....

So everything came together in a most appealing way, to afford me this fantastic 2 pass and touch up BBS...

Thanks Rufus T. I think this just might be my favorite set-up...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  4. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Yeah, I've got some Platinum Plus blades and I don't find them to be as particularly comfortable compared to Dutch made Schick Super Stainless blades....They do require an exceedingly light touch I find myself....Too much blade for me or coating issues not sure .....;)

Billy....:chores016:

5. Bird Lives

Back in the day, I always considered the Schick Plus Plats to be the blade all others were judged by.....But that was long ago and alot of whiskers have gone down the drain since then.....}8^))

clint64 and Billyfergie like this.
  6. Billyfergie

Yeah, I am quite fortunate in some respects because I have local access to Schick blades that were made in Holland and some of them weren't available in the USA and I must say that they are as sharp as Platinum plus blades but ever so smooth....I recently got a hold of some Dutch made Krona blades as well and they are a superior blade than the USA made ones....The USA made Schick Krona are excellent blades as well...:)
    The Dutch blades are something else though....:chores016:

Billy

7. Bird Lives

I believe it....a friend of mine across the street is always telling me the Dutch Schick blades are the best.....

Rufus T., clint64 and Billyfergie like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

9/20/15
    Schick J3 with Chick blade
    TGN Synthetic
    TSD Yin Yang
    Myrsol Formula C sample

[​IMG]

9. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

image.jpeg

Today I used the L type with a twin blade, some Proraso and a little Skin Bracer. 2 pass BBS!

10. Billyfergie

French Prima Safety Razor...:)
    [​IMG]
    Singe Pass Shaving Routine....:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
    French Prima Safety Razor
    Gem Stainless (Modified) Blade (New)
    Semogue Boar Brush
    Erasmic Shaving Cream (added Argan oil)
    Organic Aloe Vera Gel
    LOGONA Man Aftershave Balm (From Germany)

I don't usually shave anything like everyday but I gave this French Prima SE its first Test Drive with a modified Gem Blade...This is a stunning razor...The build quality and finish is just amazing ....The Knob at the bottom of the handle is spring loaded and it pushes and twists to lock the cap into place....I had one single pass and a touch up and achieved an acceptable DFS result....This is a smooth and forgiving shaver despite the open comb design ...In terms of aggression I would say its around middle of the road....The curved head allows the Prima to get around the contours of my face....This wasn't a Peasants razor that's for sure....:p
    Nice surprize as I thought it would be a beasty...:chores016:

Billy

wmbjr, Hodge, Weeper Warrior and 4 others like this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

For September 21st
    Razor - Schick E
    Brush - Reins Dachs Handle w/Mühle Ver. 1 STF Knot 23/53 mm
    Blade - 1960s Vintage Personna Vydax Coated Stainless
    Soap - Mentolated Vintage Willams

[​IMG]

Bob Hope and Shirley Ross - Thanks For The Memory 1938

For September 22nd
    Razor - Schick E
    Brush - Reins Dachs Handle w/Mühle Ver. 1 STF Knot 23/53 mm
    Soap - Mentolated Vintage Willams

[​IMG]

The Convict And The Rose – Bob Wills 1938

For September 23rd
    Razor - Schick F
    Brush - Ever Ready C40 w/TGN 3 Band Synthetic 24/53 mm Brush
    Soap - The Soap Exchange Barber Shoppe

[​IMG]

Perry Como - Deep in The Heart of Texas 1941

For September 24th
    Razor - Schick G
    Brush - Rubberset 200-3 w/H.I.S. Knot 26 / 57 mm
    Soap - Figaro Sapone Da Barba

[​IMG]

Crying In The Chapel – Orioles 1953

For September 25th:
    Razor - Schick L – “The Grip”
    Brush - Ever Ready C40 w/TGN 3 Band Synthetic 24/53 mm Brush
    Soap - Figaro Sapone Da Barba

[​IMG]

Lovin' You - Minnie Riperton 1975

12. Billyfergie

I quite those Vintage Personna blades Sir...Nice ....:chores016:
    Billy

clint64, Rufus T. and GDCarrington like this.
  13. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

So sorry Mark, come this past Saturday afternoon my two "extras" were already PIFed, otherwise...

When I went shopping for mine on the Bay, the cheapest one i found was $25. So if that's in your price range, do your search each day...you never know.
    If I see any I'll let you know.
    Good luck!

clint64 and Billyfergie like this.
  14. DDuckyMark

I was just on the bay. least expensive one today was over $50 and still had days left. I'll get one someday.

clint64, Billyfergie and Rufus T. like this.
  15. DDuckyMark

So did you end up liking the open comb one better?

Rufus T. likes this.
  16. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Sometimes life is like that, sometimes it just comes together! (mostly with my luck...when my ship comes in, I'm at the airport!):happy108:

Seriously, so glad I was part of the moment in time when it came together for you.
    Wish you a lifetime of great shaves with it Mr. B!

17. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

sometimes when I see one just come on, if the seller's minimum has not been met yet, I'll make a private offer and see if he'll bite.
    I actually did that with the OC version and it worked.

I personally like the open comb better aesthetically. I've only had 1-2 shaves with each. Both versions of the C gave me a very good 2-pass shave, which is the minimum of what I need on the road as this will be my travel razor. I'm sure with some investment of time on the front end, say 2-3 weeks straight with just this razor, my technique should get me even better shaves.

Dzia Dzia, clint64 and Billyfergie like this.
  18. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

September 21, 2015

Single-Edge SEptember
    So far this month I've shaved with a variety of Schick injectors for the first time (Type C1, C3, E, G, I and J), a PAL Adjustable injector and a few Gems (1912, Featherweight and Pushbutton).

Still working my Gem SEs, with today’s shave using a 1941 Gem (Micromatic) "Clog Prufwith a Gem PTFE blade.

I’m on my 4th shave with the blade, don’t know have many more I can get from it?
    Will it be affected by what I’ve heard is a more aggressive razor?

GemClogPruf.JPG

Two-day stubble, means three pass shave.

1st pass - Definitely feels like a more aggressive razor just based on significant blade feedback, passable reduction on WTG pass.

2nd pass - XTG pass reduced most of the remaining stubble to what is normally left prior to my last pass. Audible feedback was still significant but no tugging.

3rd pass - ATG had beyond the usual amount of feedback I’ve gotten from the other Gems in the ATG pass. Resulted in a very nice shave, mostly clean and no irritation.

Will try a new blade tomorrow to compare the shave quality.

Cheers!
    RT

19. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Type J again today for a two pass DFS.

20. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

And here's mine. As @Billyfergie has mentioned, the guess is that my Canadian E is on the milder side...and its a keeper!
    E Front.JPG E Back.JPG

Dzia Dzia, Billyfergie and clint64 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.