Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

yeah, the Andy Warhol of the new millennium! :happy068:

2. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Thats great to hear. I have both a Repeater and an I2 and use the Chinese Schick in both as well and enjoy the closeness!

3. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Jim, do you find a significant difference between the Extra Performance and the regular Arko stick? I have not tried the Extra.

Jayaruh likes this.
  4. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

So Billy, how would you compare it to the PAL Adjustable, that I know you have?
    (as do I!)
    9-14-15 PAL.JPG

Roderick, Jayaruh and Billyfergie like this.
  5. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Other than one nick, the Type F efficiently mowed down two days stubble. Im not sure I'd want to use this aggressive of a razor every day but I'm glad to have it as part of my collection.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It is a cream, and I put about an inch on the top of my brush and just start wiping it on my face. Then I start making lather. It just bursts into lots of lather. I like it a lot. After I finish this tube, I will probably get another "flavor."

Billyfergie and Rufus T. like this.
  7. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

I think that the PAL adjustable and the Injectomatics are as efficient as each other Sir....The PAL Adjustable is a tad more luxurious though as it can be a Mild to an aggressive shaver....I just cant get away with how something that is so cheap & cheerful compared to the Adjustable puts a smile on my face....In this day and age of Forum led Mega expensive stainless razors it just feels like a Piss Take...Most folks wouldn't look near one...:p

CHINESE PROVERB
    Search the Far & Miss the Near...:happy102:

Billy...:chores016:

Roderick, wmbjr, Hodge and 2 others like this.
  8. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I used Musco Real Oak Moss Shave cream lathered up with my semogue boar. It lathered up amazingly but I'm not sure about the smell. I didn't hate it but I'm not sure if I like it either. I'll use it later on a few more times to be sure. After the amazing lather was whipped up I picked out a gen bullet tip and loaded a carbon steel gem blade in it for its 3rd and final Shave. After 2 passes I wasn't happy with the Shave so I grabbed my G type Schick and after loading a blade in it I did 2 more passes with touch up. I chased the baby some but ended up giving up. After I rinsed off and checked my face I found that I had nearly got it. Some slight rough spots the the corners of my jaw but everywhere else is BBS. Clubman to finish and despite the 5+ passes I made hardly a burn at all.

Rufus T., Roderick, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  9. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

10. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I will be using an an early 1924 Ever Ready SE razor for the first time tomorrow (26th).

[​IMG]

Rufus T., Roderick, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  11. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Interesting point. The water was the freshwater lakes in Quetico Provincial park. No telling how it compared to tap water at home or elsewhere. The first day I used it was not windy and the Arko congealed on the razor head and didn't wash off when splashed around in the water. On the windy day it dried on my face despite my best attempts to have my back to the wind. I still had to turn around the wash the razor off every so often as I was at the lake's edge and using it as my "sink." However, given the way the lather reacted on the first day, I'm suspecting it might not have been so quick to dry out or harden with different water.

Rufus T., Jayaruh, Bird Lives and 2 others like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Sometimes the water's characteristics can be a sneaky dimension to the shave, that we aren't necessarilly aware of...

14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod150926.JPG
    [​IMG]

Dove Men Face Wash
    Tabac
    Jayaruh #1 Silver Tip
    Schick M2 Adjustable
    Personna SS Injector
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Lemon WH
    Florida Water

The Tabac Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #1 Silver Tip brush. Two passes with my Schick M2 Adjustable Injector razor and a Personna SS Injector blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Lemon WH and then Florida Water as an after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...
    The M goes back into the case today. Sunday, my Gillette President comes out for the Lord's Day, and Monday I will be using my I-1 for the remainder of SEptember.

15. Bird Lives

At month's end, we'll eagerly anticipate a run down of the great moments, winners and losers...ha,ha...

And that goes for everyone that made the SE hang this month, even if only for a bit....We can all assemilate the data and it will help in future RAD decisions....lol

Rufus T., Hodge and Billyfergie like this.
  16. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

For September 26th:
    Razor - Schick L – “The Grip”
    Brush - Rubberset 200-3 w/H.I.S. Knot 26 / 57 mm
    Blade - 1960s Vintage Personna Vydax Coated Stainless
    Soap - Figaro Sapone Da Barba

[​IMG]

I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More, Baby - Barry White 1973

For September 27th:
    Razor - Schick J3 – “Golden 500”
    Brush - Rubberset 200-3 w/H.I.S. Knot 26 / 57 mm
    Blade - 1960s Vintage Personna Vydax Coated Stainless
    Soap - Figaro Sapone Da Barba

[​IMG]

The House of the Rising Sun -The Animals 1964

17. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

The ER provided such an effortless 1st pass DFS that I got cocky and proceeded with a seldom for me ATG 2nd pass. I ended up with one of the closest shaves ever. Unfortunately I have had irrated skin all day. Extremely smooth irratated skin.
    I still have three Schick razors to try this month so this will likely be the one and only shave with the ER for awhile.

18. Bird Lives

Man, I've been loading 15 blades in the mag and rifleing them through now, over 5 times without a hiccup ! I found that holding it upside down compared to how you hold it when shaving, it racks the blades no problem...and don't over oil the mechanism..I cleaned the inside and wipe away all excess oil, and racked blades through til it got real smooth...It seems if there is oil on the bottom of the blade racking slide that a blade can stick to the oil and cause a jam...
    So now I'm confident with everything that has to do with this razor...I hope, yours exceed your expectations...Lets us know as soon as they make the scene....
    Heres mine... image.jpg

19. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

mine are very close. They are saying delivery Monday and I believe it. I could drive to where they are and pick them up in an hour if the ost would let memy new blades are a few days out so I can clean them but not much play. I only have one blade left.

20. Bird Lives

:char039: Shick- Toc- Schick- Toc.....lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.