L'Occitober?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by feeltheburn, Sep 23, 2015.

1. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I'm coming down to the end of my Speick stick and was considering what to dive into next. Looking in the box of soap, I see a puck of L'Occitane Cade that's been there a while and I've never used it before. I've done Tabactober before, and OCtober. Thinking this year I'll change it up and go with L'Occitober. :)

Metro, Bill_F, pvtbanks and 5 others like this.
  2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

ohh... that is interesting. I have the Cade soap too, but I would get very bored very fast hahaha

3. feeltheburn

I hear you. I find I get better shaves when I stick with a product, learn it, and get it really dialed in though. I always reserve the right to put something away if it's not working for me after a few days and that's when I switch to something else.

Jasio78, Omelmad and tuxxdk like this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I am jealous of people that can stick to one soap for a long period of time. I just cant seem to do that, even thou I like the idea, and it is a great way to dial the soap/water ratio and really find out if it is a good product or not. Because sometimes it isn't the soap that causes the bad shave, rather the blade or technique that could be the problem, so this is a great way to figure it out.

5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I'm already a week or more into L'Occitober—and its not even October yet.... :p
    [​IMG]

Bill_F, Seabs, TheFiveO and 4 others like this.
  6. feeltheburn

I guess I'm a little behind. Oh well, nothing new there :)

7. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I always use one razor a long period. But I rotate software often. When I find the perfect blade I'm gonna buy 200blades and just use that one blade.

I have some candidates now.

Tdmsu and tuxxdk like this.
  8. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately if i used one soap at a time it would take me 100 years to go through all mine.

But great idea.

9. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

L'occitane is in my rotation. I rank it very high.

I surprises me the number of people who have a L'Occitane brush, but never have tried the soap.

Hodge and feeltheburn like this.
  10. feeltheburn

That's good to hear. I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to get around to it other than I had stuff I felt like using up first. It's a pretty reasonably priced puck so I'm hoping I like it.

Hodge and markjnewcomb like this.
  11. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I just started my second puck of Cade, been using it all week.

feeltheburn likes this.
  12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

That's a cool idea. I think this year I will do Tabactober for the first time.

Hodge and feeltheburn like this.
  13. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I like L'Occtaine. Nice juniper scent, not too strong. Good lather.

Tdmsu and feeltheburn like this.
  14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

This sounds like a great idea. It will be L'OCcitober for me:
    Open comb razors (Bostonian, Sheraton and a Kabrand)
    L'Occitone products (Cade soap, Cade rich shaving cream, Cade AS balm and Eau de baux Edt)

feeltheburn likes this.
  15. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

I've never tried the hard soap only the cream sample which is great. I need to find me some Cade hard soap.

feeltheburn likes this.
  16. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Cade is one of my top performing hard soaps and has earned a constant position in my 4 soap rotation for years now.

feeltheburn and markjnewcomb like this.
  17. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

Is it similar to their balm which is terrific

18. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

L'Occitane Cade is an excellent shaving soap. I think it is a splendid choice for October - a treat that does the trick!

Hodge, oscar11 and feeltheburn like this.
  19. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I agree.

Hodge likes this.
  20. feeltheburn

My Speick stick got a little too small to hold onto any more today. So I'm going to start L'Occitober a day early tomorrow :).