Maggard's New Platinum Line

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Bobcat, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I have used the new Maggard Platinum Tobacco & Leather for the past two days. It did not disappoint. I used a silvertip badger yesterday and a boar today. I face lather. After loading each brush for 20 seconds, I had more than enough thick, slick, cushioning lather for 3+ passes. The post shave conditioning is excellent. The new Maggard Platinum line will have a place in my rotation. I will still be using my original Limes & Bergamot too!!

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Water, Potassium Hyddroxide, Coconut Oil, Kokum Seed Butter, Sodium Tallowate, Adeps Bovis, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Fragrance
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Thanks Bob! Sounds like another winner from Maggards.

Bobcat likes this.
  3. Surlyduck

Surlyduck Member

I might have to get one I loved the orange and menthol soap but the menthol irritated me. I got a sample (sucker punch) of another soap from the same artisan work similar scent to orange menthol but with out the menthol and it was fine as well. It was though a lot of a softer soap. Not as soft add a cream but just about there. I guess it's time to order some more samples

4. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review.

Bobcat likes this.
  5. Magnum

Magnum New Member

I hear great things about everything they do but the wife has put a halt to my SSAD for a while so it'll have to wait. Maybe she would be ok if I just "tried a few samples" from them? Worth a try right?

theFAT98 and Bobcat like this.
  6. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

I tell my wife ill stop buying soap when she stops buying clothes and shoes. Usually ends that conversation.

Drygulch, Paul Turner and Bobcat like this.
  7. Magnum

Magnum New Member

I don't know if it's good or bad but my wife doesn't really buy shoes or clothes so I need a different angle

8. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

Hide some of her clothes

theFAT98 likes this.
  9. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I like to see continuous upgrades by our vendors. Currently, I'm only 7 partial jars of Maggards original signature soaps away from a purchase!

Bobcat likes this.
  10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I tried the new Leather & Tobacco soap today. It whipped up a great lather, my only complaint is that it burned my face a little bit, but the scent is like a new sofa/car leather. I love leather scents and tobacco so this is a home run as far as scent goes. I have also noticed that there are little round pieces in the soap that are harder than the rest, so I had to whip it up a little bit longer, but the quality of lather was top notch.

AussieTanker and Bobcat like this.