RIP Neil Miller :(

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by gssixgun, Jul 9, 2015.

1. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    The SR community lost one of the good guys :(

Neil Miller passed away July 9th 2015

He was a friend, and a very informed SR /Wet Shaving enthusiast and his wit and information will be sorely missed by many

2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

RIP
    :(

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

4. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

WOW! that's one huge shock can't believe it to be honest, I now Neil hasn't been to well over the last year and I've spoken to him several times over on the SRP but that's come as quite a shock to me.

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Sorry to hear of the loss, Glen.
    I didn't know the man but I did read what Jamie alluded to above regarding his diminishing health. Peace and comfort to his loved ones.

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

RIP Neil :(

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

That's really sad! He was well respected in the shaving community. I really enjoyed his posts. RIP Neil

10. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

RIP Neil, you will be missed.

11. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Sad to hear it and sorry for your loss Glen and the loss to SRP and the shaving community in general.

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

He was an expert honemaster. RIP Neil!

13. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

Belatedly, I only became aware of Neil's passing a couple of days ago as The Real World has kept me away from he forums for a bit. Forgive my late euligizing Neil's passage, but I feel it necessary.

A prince of a fellow and a genuinely good person. Enough can not be said about the loss to our community Neil's passing represents. A huge void in the culture, history and technical information we all seek answers about exists where Neil used to stand. Enough can not be said about this fact, though since Neil's death much has been written on these forums to attest to it.

Neil missed another calling...he was one of the great satirists of our time, and one of the funniest human beings I've ever known...stingers delivered in typical dry British Gentlemans fashion. To cross swords with Neil (which I did as frequently as possible, for laughs...being the considerate gentleman he was, he would indulge me...) was to be served up on a platter for Neil's thoroughly elegant literary consumption and dissection/evisceration via his very pointy keyboard.

I am proud to have called Neil a dear friend, though I never met the man in person. We forge these friendships on these forums through our mutual interest in the wonderful practice of wet shaving, and it is to me amazing that a loss of one of these friends can be as painful as if they were next door. Don't take these friendships for granted my friends, savor them while they last.

Bon Voyage Neil.

14. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

15. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News