Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by flaxton, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I use witch hazel every day. Shave or no shave.

TheFiveO, Douglas Carey and Dzia Dzia like this.
  2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I always use which hazel, then apply either a balm or aftershave. I actually enjoy the burn, even Pinaud bay rum. At least it validates the fact that you're not dead;)

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  3. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

i hate the burn, i love the cool, I rub to much poraso green between my hands and then blow on my palm and put it on... all cool all refreshing wonderful smell feels great.

4. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Mix it up sometimes aftershave, sometimes balm, sometimes nothing just rinse and go

5. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

Love my a/s splashes. I shave on average 5 days a week. But use a splash every day. I've tried balms, but they all give me shiny greasy skin.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  6. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

I use Witch Hazel after every shave then use some kind of post shave balm or lotion.I shave every day and don't have any problems with dry skin.

7. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I blend most aftershaves with Witch Hazel 50/50. Kill two birds with one stone.

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Heyyy, what did your aftershave ever do to you? (teasing)

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

When my 16 oz. Clubman "Country Club" came, my mom said "that will last you 16 years-an ounce a year". Well, I only use it in the cool/cold months, but I do see her point.

10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:signs011:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I've started using my Lucido AS lately. It gives me a top notch aftershave experience. It is slightly cooling, slightly soothing and with excellent skin care.
    But the best thing is that is does not contain perfume and I can use whatever type of "sex water" I want afterwards

Paul Turner, Douglas Carey and Hodge like this.
  12. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Are we all talking about the same?

WH, balms, splashes, lotions.. it's all after shaves! It's something used after the shave, hence the name :)

But I suspect many equal after shave with an alcohol based splash.

A good after shave need not to dry the skin. It's purpose is to help the skin, not fight it. If it does, switch to another.

Joef likes this.