What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Did you buy his second lot of them as well?
    I agree that these are real nice and you basically never see them come up in this condition. I went back and forth on them but since I already have a bunch non-NOS ones that are honed I passed :)
    Great score and happy to see they went to you.

clint64 and Billyfergie like this.
  2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

No ...I passed on the second lot...The ones last week went for a bit more so it worked out for the better...I think I will start to clear out some of my SEs and get into honing these and my Two Swedish Straight's...Keep all my injectors of course...MMmm...Then again maybe I just keep them all...:happy097:
    Billy...:chores016:

clint64 likes this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Do you have a stropping handle?

Billyfergie likes this.
  4. Billyfergie

Yes....I've got one somewhere....;)
    Billy..:chores016:

Darkbulb likes this.
  5. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Picked up an ERN Crown and Sword 6/8 Straight. The seller was local (0nly 1400kms away) so should have it late next week :D

Jayaruh and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Bought a vintage NIB, English Leather shaving soap.
    I read some positive reviews online and according to the seller it still has a great scent to it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

A great example of 'it never hurts to try': I made an offer below 50% of the BIN price and the seller kindly agreed...and, as a result of that I have my second silverplated shaving mug by Pairpoint on its way to me - and personally I think this one looks even better.

I need to do some research on this model but I think it might be close to 1902 when my other one was made

The soon to be arriving one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  8. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

SWEET!!

Never seen on of those before and looks like something I need in my den, yeah like I need another with 17 already taking up space, but this one is really nice looking and going to have to look this baby up. Great score :happy088:

Billyfergie and Darkbulb like this.
  9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks,
    Personally I think the old silver plated shaving mugs will be the 'next big thing'. Some of them are absolutely gorgeous, over a 100 years old - and can often be had for $20-50 a piece.

Dzia Dzia and Billyfergie like this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Hm, the combination of it being a lazy Sunday and staying in bed/on couch today due to a bad foot is slowly putting me in the poor house...
    Ended up winning 0ne more auction but that's it for today!
    (Well, that and the fact that there isn't anything ending for a few days that I'm interested in.....).

Anywho.... won these three Gillette Atra handles that I think are rather neat.
    The seller was open about that they were mechanically very sound but need a good cleaning - something I have no problem with.

[​IMG]

11. Billyfergie

That was made for " Buck Fast" the Scottish National Drink...Look it up ...It makes your hairs stand on end ...Best Pre - Shave Prep on the Planet Sir...;)
    Buckfast made from Girders....:happy108:

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Innit just for Neds? ;)

Billyfergie likes this.
  13. Billyfergie

OOoow..Yeah...Sophisticated Neds... :happy102:

14. N00bie

N00bie Active Member

Gem micromatic (Clog pruf) and a gem micromatic (Gold plate and bullet tip)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Since I refuse to pay the outrageous prices on the bay for a Rubberset 400, I decided that I'd get the SwitchBack 400
    image.jpg

16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have a 22 mm synthetic knot coming from Whipped Dog, a gift from @Dzia Dzia .
    [​IMG]

clint64, Dzia Dzia, Hodge and 2 others like this.
  17. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

I think you will like it. Like the cool option to switch between two top caps.

I ended up pulling the knot on the Suave cap as it is similar to the Stirling synthetic in density and backbone and I dropping a 25mm HMB.

18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Well, maybe the prices are starting to come down?
    This one just sold for $69

Slow Joe and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I like it. Now how much more money to get it right? I'll keep looking for one at that price range, thanks for the heads up. :)

Slow Joe likes this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I even saw one selling for $48 (not ebay) a week ago. So maybe it's a trend :)

RaZorBurn123 and ram57 like this.