What was your workout today?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by ram57, Aug 17, 2015.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm pretty sure that you're doing it wrong. :innocent

[​IMG]

Norseman, Jasman and ram57 like this.
  2. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Yup, and I take a full thermos to work and usually down that by 2PM. And on the days that I lift M-W-F I drink a full can of RockStar Punched Energy drink that is spiked with 240MG of Caffeine mixed in with Jack 3d a pre-workout supplement.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My current morning cuppa coffee is Dunkin Coffee(they have donuts, too lol).

ram57 likes this.
  4. ram57

Hammer rows x4, wide grip pull downs x4, Close grip behind head pull downs x 4, Seated long cable rows x4, (all progressive weight).

Incline dumbbell curl x 4(progressive), preacher curls x4(progressive), Scott Curls X4 (progressive), Behind Head Cable Curl x4 (progressive) hammer Curls x4 (progressive)

Ended workout with 20 minutes in the sauna.

5. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

I woke up at 4:30 AM and walked for 45 minutes before making my 1.5 hour trek into the office.

Today will be biceps and forearms day at the gym. Gonna work my biceps into muscle failure.

ram57 likes this.
  6. ram57

No workout today, taking my granddaughter tonight to go see the movie Pixels.

Dubs and Paul Turner like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I have an archery tournament at the club today. Then I'm going to do the same thing I do every night; try to take over the world!

Douglas Carey, Dubs and Paul Turner like this.
  8. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I am pretty sure you're right. I ought to use force lightning for this, but it would be overkill. :)

richgem likes this.
  9. Norseman

It takes me a few days trying before I manage to get out the door. But after a while it becomes a routine and something to look forward to.

It has been quite a few years since I last went out that early so I am not quite there yet. And I do not think I will make a habit of it this time around.

ram57 likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Here was my workout today-helping my Mom's partner undo the dock at their house until it gets reset next Spring. A good amount of lifting was needed.

11. ram57

Incline press x 4, Machine flyes x 4, bench press x 4, Hammer dips x 4. all done with progressive weight added.

Triceps press-downs x 4, , cable overhead triceps extension x 4, standing dumbbell one arm extension x 4, Machine bent over triceps extension x 4. All sets above done with weight added progressively.

Finished off with 20 minutes in the sauna.

The workout totally exhausted me. Almost from the beginning something in the gym triggered another sinus attack and had severe post nasal and then towards the end of the workout nasal drainage. Was fighting for air but I was determined to finish my workout. Made and appointment with my ENT for 8 AM tomorrow so hopefully we can figure out how to tackle this constant sinus issue. Been two weeks with antibiotics and a 2nd steroid so I would have thought things would be under control by now.

12. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

Yesterday = chest and tris. My workout partner couldn't be there, so I had to use the machines for chest and tris. I got some really good butterfly sets in, though.

Today will probably be biceps and back.

13. pvtbanks

pvtbanks Corners First

Today was a good ole Army muscle failure circuit! After a four day weekend, I may or may not have tossed my cookies.

Dubs likes this.
  14. ram57

Skipping my workout today as today is the last day to use the Massage gift card received for my birthday six months ago. Actually the last day was Friday but they were closed for the holiday and letting me use since they were closed.

15. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

I woke up around 4:15 Am and made it to the gym by 4:30 AM to kill my biceps and work my back.

Today was a small milestone for me: On the preacher curls, I used a 45lb plate on each side and was able to get 5 reps. That is the most weight I've ever tried on the preacher curls. Last week I tried and got 40lbs on each side. Long ways to go, but that was a personal small milestone for me, not sure why. lol

Douglas Carey and ram57 like this.
  16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Walked 18 holes at Mapleview Golf Club.
    MapleviewNumber11a.jpg

MapleviewNumber16a.jpg

ram57 likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I spent some time outdoors too; I had to sight in my 3D bow (that is to say, the bow I use for 3D shoots) for 20 & 30 yards.

Dubs, ram57 and Douglas Carey like this.
  18. ram57

Seated Military Press x4, Upright row x4, standing dumbbell press pinky up x 4, Machine Reverse Flyes x4 (weight added progressively for each set).

Adductor machine x4 then Abductor Machine x 4 (weight added progressively for each set)

Finished off with 20 minutes in the sauna.

Dubs and Douglas Carey like this.
  19. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

I made it to the gym around 4:30 this morning. Shoulders day. I'm gonna try and get some cardio in this evening.

Douglas Carey and ram57 like this.
  20. Norseman

I am still trying to do that running stuff.
    According to Strava I suck at it, but I am just happy to be moving

ram57, Dubs and Douglas Carey like this.