Really starting to grow fond of gem..

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by N00bie, Oct 14, 2015.

1. N00bie

N00bie Active Member

Got this sweet new addition in the mail today. It's a gem micromatic, with the bullet tip variation and "gold" finish. The finish is worn from use but still quite nice and once I get some polish, I'm sure it will shine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haven't tried out a SE before so hopefully I will soon. I just need to get blades. Not really a fan of the DE's, considering I bleed every time. Anxious to see if the SE's are easier to use for a noob like me.

IDuck likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

This one looks like its missing one of the front blade stops. If so, do not use this razor as the blade will move too much. also see my SE gem tips and tricks somewhere around here. I can't link to it as I'm on my phone

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  3. richgem

also be sure to use se blades for shaving not similar looking ones that are meant as box cutters.

NapalmCola likes this.
  4. N00bie

N00bie Active Member

I will. I've been doing reading on SE stuff. I have a regular micromatic that I was going to use for trying out SE.

5. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Now he tells me!
    image.jpg

mylesc1234, richgem and NapalmCola like this.
  6. richgem

SE GEM tips and tricks

7. richgem

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The bullet tip was introduced in 1947. It is a very nice shaver.

9. N00bie

N00bie Active Member

I went by the badger and blade wiki. Did I read wrong or did you look somewhere else?

10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Well, the wiki does say 1938. I had read somewhere, and I cannot remember where, that it was 1947. Maybe that was a reintroduction after the war.

11. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Very nice,i recently bought two micromatic clog proof razors used one and really liked it justa little bit of a learning curve to them