What was your workout today?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by ram57, Aug 17, 2015.

1. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

25 minutes on recumbent bike followed by 25 minutes on treadmill and ended workout with 20 minutes in sauna.

Paul Turner and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

My "off" day. So, I exercized by walking a few steps from the car to the diner door where I ate a waldorf salad wrap and french fries.

ram57 and Dubs like this.
  3. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

Early morning gym session. I was by myself, so only 1 set of flat bench with the bar with 45 plates on each side. I did 5 sets of inclined dumbbell press and 5 sets of machine butterflies.

I *tried* to do some triceps pull downs but my forearms were too sore. It sorta felt like shin splints in my forearms (both of em) from just below my elbow and ran down the outer part of my arm to the outer wrists. Any of you ever experienced this??? There is a bit of soreness in the muscles, so I'm hoping just some rest is all I need. I tried picking up a 15 pound dumbbell just to see how bad my forearms really were and it hurt like hell when I tried to do a curl. Maybe I strained some stuff in there from my last bicep day (2 days ago)?

Any ideas or suggestions is appreciated.

Resting them for a bit is a given. Just wondering if any of you ever been through this same thing and if there's anything you can do to help it out/speed up recovery.

ram57 likes this.
  4. ram57

Hammer rows x4, wide grip pull downs x4, Close grip behind head pull downs x 4, Seated long cable rows x4, (all progressive weight).

Incline dumbbell curl x 4(progressive), preacher curls x4(progressive), Scott Curls X4 (progressive), Behind Head Cable Curl x4 (progressive) hammer Curls x4 (progressive)

Finished off with 20 minutes in the sauna.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

well, I did a mini-workout today, since I won't make it to the gym tomorrow. 2 laps around the huge driveway of the complex here(walking).

6. ram57

Incline press x 4, Machine flyes x 4, bench press x 4, Hammer dips x 4. all done with progressive weight added.

Triceps press-downs x 4, , cable overhead triceps extension x 4, Scott Triceps close grip press-downs x 4, reverse grip triceps extension x 4. All sets above done with weight added progressively.

7. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

Im at a conference all this week, so my eating isnt as clean.

I worked biceps, back and rode the exercise bike.

ram57 likes this.
  8. ram57

25 minute bike ride yesterday.

9. ram57

I had similar issue with both arms elbow down and R shoulder stiff. Started taking Glucosamine Chondroitin & MSM and have no issues now and back to lifting heavy weights. Took two weeks for all the pain to go but dealt with the pain for almost two months but big help for me.

10. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

150 minutes of walking, give or take 10.

ram57 likes this.
  11. ram57

Seated Military Press x4, Upright row x4, standing dumbbell press pinky up x 4, Bent over dumbbell Flyes x4 (weight added progressively for each set).
    Adductor machine x4 then Abductor Machine x 4 (weight added progressively for each set)

12. ram57

No workout today have two appointments after work.

13. ram57

Hammer rows x4, wide grip pull downs x4, Close grip behind head pull downs x 4, Close Grip High Pull down long cable rows x4, (all progressive weight).

Incline dumbbell curl x 4(progressive), preacher curls x4(progressive), Scott Curls X4 (progressive), Behind Head Cable Curl x4 (progressive) hammer Curls x4 (progressive)

14. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

Ive been at a conference this week. I lifted Tuesday evening. Gonna get started back in full swing of things on Monday.

ram57 likes this.
  15. ram57

Have a conference to attend after work so no workout today.

16. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I've been consistently going to the gym at least four times a week for the past few weeks. My workout today was as follows.

Mondays are chest days.

Incline Bench: 3x10. 70 lbs.
    Flat Bench: 3x10. 70 lbs.
    Flat Flies: 3x10. 20 lbs.
    Standing flies: 3x10. 15 lbs.
    Pec Deck: 3x10. 50 lbs. ( I skipped this one because some lady was hogging it and did 7 sets, so I didn't feel like waiting and did push ups instead.)
    Sauna: 15 minutes.

17. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

4:30 AM Workout:

4 sets of Inclined dumbbell Press: 1 X 10 at 50lbs, 1 X 10 at 55lbs, 1 X 8 at 50lbs, and 1 X 10 at 40lbs

2 sets of Flat Bench Dumbbell Press: 1 X 10 at 55lbs, and 1 X 10 at 50lbs

6 sets of Straight Bar Tricep Pull Downs: Don't know weight but started at #7 setting and worked my way to #10 setting doing at least 10 reps on each one (a couple I did 12-15)

6 sets of Butterfly Machine: Don't know exact setting as the numbers are gone but I think it was 4 sets at #10 and 2 sets at #9.

If the rain breaks this evening, I'm going to try to get in some cardio. They treadmills at the gym I go to are dangerous and should be thrown in the garbage.

18. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

Yesterday evening I ran 2 miles at 9.09 minutes per mile. (I'm 40 and have began jogging a little. I've never in my life been a runner. When I turned 40 a few months ago, I had only jogged one single mile in my life - ever. So far, the most I have jogged is 5 miles. I never thought I could have done this.)

TODAY is a rest day (obligated to pass out candy at "sweet street" for the kids). Tomorrow, I will work shoulders and do some cardio.

19. ram57

Freak accident at the gym yesterday and have small tear right hamstring so out of the gym for the rest of this week. :(

20. damnitgoose

damnitgoose Well-Known Member

2mi run
    5x5 Dead Lifts
    8x3 hack squats
    8x3 bench press
    8x3 incline press

Thinking about cleans but not sure if it's in the card for today