no shave November... i know i know

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Double Edge Dougy, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

I know this is probably about as popular as hot chocolate on 105° day.....but i've been ask to participate in no shave november for a charity....im strongly considering participating....which is no big deal for me, i grow a beard here and there...my question is are there any other den members going in to hibernation and joining the no shave november??? Feel free to hurl any insults my way in reaponse!

Bama Samurai and wmbjr like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Charity is good, but I like to shave too much.
    Good Luck.

Double Edge Dougy likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

No insults, Dougy. No condemnation. You do what you feel you must do.

4. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

I participate in no shave November, but only sporadically. For instance, throughout November, I typically shave at 5:30 AM, but then I have a no shave policy for an entire 24 hour period, and won't shave again until 5:30 AM the next day...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Munichjoe and Double Edge Dougy like this.
  5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

You are a brave, and generous, man.

6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Alas, my employer requires a clean shaven employee.

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    No no-shave November for me. I like shaving too much. At one time I would not have said that.

8. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

I've been wondering when a post about NSN would pop up. This will be my 1st ever year to participate. I'm sure I won't do it exactly as I'm supposed to do, but I can't stand the thought of hair growing out on my neck. I will shave my neck (and keep my hair on my head buzzed to a stubble). I won't shave my face. So, like I said...I'm sure I'm technically disqualified but that's as much as I can bend on that. I figure as long as I make a donation to a cancer-oriented charity, then who cares if I follow it to a tee.

Double Edge Dougy and swarden43 like this.
  9. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

I tried the no shave November once...made it about 7 days. The itching was unbearable! Plus I couldn't stand looking at myself with that much growth. I trimmed the growth for another 3 or 4 days but was told it was cheating.....
    But that's just me. If your doing it for a good cause and you don't mind it, more power to you. Put that blade away

wmbjr and Double Edge Dougy like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Donate money, keep shaving!

11. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

If every man in the world grew a beard for one month absolutely nothing would change for those suffering from cancer. If every man in the world donated a couple of dollars to a reputable charity doing cancer research and supporting those in need, there's no telling what good can be done.

Dubs and Double Edge Dougy like this.
  12. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    November 2nd, I have to go in for my annual respirator fitting certification. I have to be completely clean shaven for that. It's the only time each year that I'm forced to shave off my goatee.

Needless to say, I won't be participating in No shave November. :)

Edit: my participation in Folding@Home (see my signature line) is donation enough.

Dubs and Double Edge Dougy like this.
  13. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

i thought it was movember?