SoS: October 26, 2015 - November 1, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Oct 25, 2015.

1. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Forgot to add it doesn't have the medicinal aroma of Osage Rub which for me is a big turnoff.

2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Can you describe the scent?

3. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Reminds me of Altoids so would say reminds me of peppermint

4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

OCtober - Trick or TREET
    October 30

Razor - Gillette New LC
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Brush - Omega Pro 48
    Soap - TSD Lanolin Bay Rum
    Post - Cold Water, Alum, Nivea Original

'Twas the night before Samhain (halloween) and all through the house, not a creature was stirring.....oh wait....wrong holiday. Sorry about that. And today's shave was more suited to scary things than fun and happy holidays. Day two on the Treet 7days Platinum and I am far from impressed. Let's go to the replay.

Lather provided by the big boar and TSD Lanolin with that great and powerful bay rum scent. The New LC was loaded and ready to go and the first stroke sent a warning sign. This blade was pretty smooth yesterday but today is a different story. Seems a bit rough. Lather is good so it isn't that. Just a big draggy. Full WTG pass wan't too bad but also didn't get as good a result as I'd hoped. Well, on to the XTG. Still felt pretty rough but not deadly. Well, until I went XTG on the neck anyway. Wow that's rough. Did the edge just fall off the blade? Still barely CCS at the finish of second pass. However, I'm not going to get crazy with the blade this rough. So, just a finish on the neck, some XTG with Gillette Slide. Rough, rough, rough and there it is boys and girls....a nick on the jawline by the goatee. Something told me I'd see that happen. Finished up with a barely DFS and called it a shave. I'm also calling it the last shave on the blade. In addition to the nick I'm nice and red from the irritation again and the alum was a real joy.....NOT!

So, the Treet 7days Platinum? Definitely a TRICK!!! I'll figure out a setup for tomorrow before November starts.

Happy Friday!

5. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Frey's Day:

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea for Men Original Moisturizing Face Wash, TSD Jasmine Sambac preshave balm
    Brush: Simpsons 56 Best Badger
    Lather: Ginger's Garden Oakmoss soap
    Razor: RazoRock Bamboozled RAKE OC
    Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (2)
    Passes: WTG, XTG, XTG (3, 4, 5)
    Post: Cold water rinse, Bloc Osma alum, Dickinson's witch hazel, RazoRock One-X AS splash
    Cologne: Jasmin et Cigarette by Etat Libre d' Orange

I think I shook out too much water from my Simpsons brush this AM, as the lather started to get a little airy by the third pass. This reduced the smoothness of the shave a mite, but not enough to make it unenjoyable. Three passes produced DFS+ results with the barest hint of irritation along my throat, most likely due to the lather being too dry and my not noticing until the blade was against my skin.

6. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I had my first shave with a lather catcher today. It's a beautiful 1902 Kampfe Star with the Y teeth for a comb. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and it gave a very smooth, great shave. :happy088:

T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    Savile Row 3824
    AOS Lavender Cream
    1902 Kampfe Star
    GEM SS PTFE (1) with one and a half shims
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

Kampfe Star Backside.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

7. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. No, not really a new design, at least intentionally. Sometimes when your on the lathe you just roll with it and let it happen. No rulers or calipers are used in my brush making with the exception of setting loft everything else just happens.

RaZorBurn123, NCoxSTL, ram57 and 6 others like this.
  8. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

October 30, 2015

SOTD - World Series - Game 3

Morning shave
    Hot Shower
    Soap: Barrister & Mann Diamond Shave Soap
    Brush: Omega Pro 48 Boar
    Razor: Gillette Goodwill
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
    TSD Witch Hazel
    Aftershave: Old Spice 1967

Another great shave with this combo - not a Grand Slam but at least a double with the bases loaded to tie the game!

10-30-15.JPG

World Series Game 3

Some great baseball teams have rallied back from trailing 2 - 0 in the WS to eventually win the Series. In fact, it’s only happened 11 times, and coincidently, two of those 11 teams are playing in this WS and did it in back-to-back years (KC - 1985; NYM - 1986).

No team has come back from a 3 - 0 game deficit.

Play Ball!
    RT

RaZorBurn123, Boojum1, ilts and 15 others like this.
  9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks Mark.

RaZorBurn123, ram57 and Bama Samurai like this.
  10. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

SOTD
    TOBS Grapefruit
    Rubberset 400
    Shark blade (1)
    EJ DE89
    Pinaud Lime Sec AS
    Happy Friday

11. vwp528

vwp528 Well-Known Member

10/30/2015 Open Comb October!! / Fougere Friday!

Prep: Hot shower with Neutrogena Face Wash with menthol, home made PSO
    Razor: Gillette Senator, CMON Filarmonica Doble Temple straight razor
    Blade: Astra SP (7)
    Brush: Turkish #6
    Soap: WSP - Fougere Noir
    After: Home made ASB
    Cologne: Prada - Amber Pour Homme Intense

Happy Friday! The #6 brush turned the Fougere Noir into a very nice and thick lather this morning. The Senator paired with the Astra SP and the Fily did their jobs with ease. The Amber Pour Homme Intense was a nice finish for this Darn Fine Shave.

Have a blessed day!

IMG_20151030_142238.jpg

12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Tonights the night!.....My money is on the Mets...just like 86....Hard to tell from your posts just who you're backing.....}8^))

RaZorBurn123, clint64, ram57 and 3 others like this.
  13. newb

newb Resident Newb

First time back to this forum in years. No pic.. But here's the action
    1) Pre-shave = Just a cold water splash
    2) Cream = Tet-a-Tet ( If you can find it ? Buy it ! You will not be disappointed )
    3) Brush = Old Turkish Horsehair ( cost 2.49 years ago, I'm still using it !!!! The best cheap brush ever )
    4) Razor = Merkur Vision
    5) Blade = Perma-Sharp
    Style 3 passes ...,,,, with grain, ear to nose, nose to ear, and under chin against the grain
    6) Legendary finishing move.... Splash of Florida Water

Results were Clean, smooth, and fresh feeling.
    Disclosure : I shave my head and face daily.. My routine and equipment are not recommended for the inexperienced.

14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Welcome back!

15. Sir.$-Mad

Sir.$-Mad Well-Known Member

I HAVE RETURNED!!!!

After being gone for nearly a month Arko'ing it up with mild travel razors and not so hot water, I'm BACK HOME with all my shaving babies!

My first shave back consists of my top favorites!

TOBS Jeremyn ST Shaving cream
    Fendrihan badger brush
    Merkur Progress adjustable safety razor w/ Feather blade
    Proraso Aftershave balm.

[​IMG]

16. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

nice finish.
    I've been applying Florida water with a repurposed spray bottle.
    I also added menthol to it. makes for a nice finish.

17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Gillette Flare tip (A3) 1955
    Blade: Personna Platinum (4)
    Brush: Fendrihan Silver Tip Black Handle-22/49
    Soap: RazoRock Don Donato
    A/S: Myrsol Balsamic Water
    10 30 15b.jpg

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I see you have a few baseball cards. I'll bet a good collection.:happy088::happy088::happy088:

Rufus T., clint64 and ram57 like this.
  19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Congratulations, your on a roll.

RaZorBurn123, clint64 and ram57 like this.
  20. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Saturday morning will feature these items:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Derby day 6
    Synergy Frost_byte SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Lucky Tiger AS Cream :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Krampert's Frostbite AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:

An array of products for a very FROSTY shave, wouldn't you say? ;) :D 229994-DEFAULT-m.jpg 230b27df1f65d2eac8a80be74da70d37.jpg krampertsfrostbite_1024x1024.jpg