Vintage Cologne's

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Robyflexx, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

For a while now I have been collecting some vintage colognes as I find the old scents to be timeless and I have a gem I would like to share with you gents that is very note worthy and easy on the wallet. It's called Acqua Di Selva and was introduced in 1949. It offers a very fresh clean herbal piney scent which is masculine but not overly so and feels great after a clean shave. I have posted a pic for you all. Please chime in with any favs. Thx

Attached Files:

2. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

That's interesting. That would be my birth year. Where can it be purchased?

As for me, I use Old Spice, Aqua Velva, Skin Bracer, Florida Water, Clubman, Claiborne for Men, Canoe, Halston Z-14, Polo Original Green (when can get it), and my two favorites... Vetiver by Guerlain and Aramis. I tried to purchase some English Leather this morning at Walgreen's but the guy in line at the register ahead of me grabbed the last one. It was a gift box for $10. These fragrances are all 20 years old or more and are probably reformulated. I like them anyway. Some take me back to high school and beyond. Some when I was a younger man.

3. Robyflexx

4. Robyflexx

What a fantastic list you have there my friend! Vetiver by Guerlain really strikes a chord and I love both halston z-14 and 112 you can find it on eBay or amazon it has good longevity and a beautiful dry down. I have found wonderful information on vintage colognes on a site called Basenotes with reviews as well worth looking into. I still love old spice isn't it funny how some scents are so comforting they never grow old? Thanks for your input I may have to do some shopping...lol :) BTW I have many others I have found to be great.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  5. Robyflexx

Almost forgot keep me posted on how you like it if you purchase it.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  6. Dzia Dzia

List them. I love the classics. I received the Vetiver last Wednesday. Used over the weekend and received a lot of hugs with comments of how much the girls loved the fragrance. We were at a wedding. One cousin kept following me around down wind from me. She said,
    "Cousin Don, you smell so Good. "

Primotenore likes this.
  7. Dzia Dzia

Found it on jet.com for $28. I may have to check out out along with Midnight in Paris.

mrbaho likes this.
  8. Robyflexx

That's awesome, sounds like you made quite an impression I'm sure people are wondering which scent you were sporting. I have posted here a pic of my current line up and will post a list shortly after dinner. Feel free to ask any questions. :)

Attached Files:

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  9. Robyflexx

It's worth every penny of it.

10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Don, Aramis is one of my favorite colognes!

I'm surprised you didn't make a grab for the English Leather. If you're tough enough to wear that bug spray, you can surely take someone down in the line at Walgreens. :happy097:

11. Robyflexx

Okay here is my list:
    Avant garde by Lanvin
    Bogart by Jacques Bogart
    1881 by Nino Cerutti
    Thallium by Jacques Evard
    1-12 by Halston
    Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene
    Christian Audigier by the same
    Acqua Di Selva by Visconti Di Modrone

wristwatchb and Dzia Dzia like this.
  12. Dzia Dzia

I see some Grey Flannel there. I ran out last spring. It's s great fall/winter scent. Walgreen's has a gift set of AS/cologne for $15. British Sterling, the same. And of course I noticed your Halston. This isn't helping my fragrance AD. I'm going to end up like @RaZorBurn123 and keep getting more and more smelly stuff.:happy102::rofl::lyrtuy5:

wristwatchb likes this.
  13. Robyflexx

Hilarious!!! ROTFL :happy097:

Hodge, Dzia Dzia and wristwatchb like this.
  14. Dzia Dzia

ROFLMAO!!
    I'm down to 148lbs. after my knee replacements. This guy was bigger than the Miami dolphins defensive line all rolled into one. Besides there's a Walgreen's on almost every corner around here.

PS. The wife got the Aramis for me for my birthday a couple weeks ago. I had one spritz left until then. I opted for the Vetiver for the wedding. It's not as heavy. I love both.

wristwatchb likes this.
  15. Robyflexx

It's a great addiction just embrace it

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  16. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Don actually had limited mobility in the drugstore line. He had two armloads of full wine bottles. It was time to restock.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  17. Robyflexx

That's not saying much about him Miami's been pretty lousy lately

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  18. Robyflexx

I've seen some good classics at T.J. Maxx also

Dzia Dzia and wristwatchb like this.
  19. Dzia Dzia

Nice stuff. All the bottles are attractive too. If you like Z-14 you should consider Florida Water. There similar. And the shaman days it has magical powers.

20. Dzia Dzia

I can't keep up with you guys. SWMBO just walked in the door. I'll be back later. This is a hoot.

wristwatchb, crackstar and Robyflexx like this.