ATT H1, H2 and S versions

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by xnykid, Nov 14, 2015.

1. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

I have been searching and can't find this answer but I am sure it is out there.

I am interested in a Stainless razor and so ATT pops out, my question is: is there an aggressiveness difference between the open comb, full bar and slant. I get the M, R & H differences and i like an aggressive razor so wanted to get feedback on the H1 vs H2 vs S versions of this deal and any feedback about other stainless razors that are fairly aggressive. I use R41 daily but it won't last for ever, neither will i for that matter but i am curious

2. shave/brush

shave/brush Active Member

I've seen on other forums where they say the H2 is the most aggressive of the ATT razors. I have the S2 and I love it. Aggressive but smooth.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    xnykid likes this.
  3. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I have an R2 and an H2, but haven't tried the SB variants so I can't offer an a comparison. I love mine though.

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have tried the all the versions of ATT with the exception of the H2. My observation has been that the OC base plates are marginally more aggressive than the SB base plates, i.e. the R2 is marginally more aggressive than the R1.

feeltheburn and xnykid like this.
  5. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

so are the slant plates between the R and H plates?

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I think they are much closer to the R plate. I know many like the slants but I didn't care for them. YMMV. One of the H plates will be much closer to your R41.

7. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

thanks for the info, it helps. what one do you use most buy the way?

8. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

For me, the only razor that approaches the aggressiveness of an R41 is a Cobra with a Feather Super Pro blade. The H2 is a step down from the R41, but much smoother than the R41.

xnykid likes this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

My daily razors are a Mongoose and Wolfman OC. The ATT razors were my best friend's. Now after trying the H1 I am thinking of buying one for myself.

xnykid likes this.
  10. shave/brush

shave/brush Active Member

I have owned the R41, the Cobra, the Mongoose, and the Fatip. I think the Cobra was the most aggressive follow closely by the Fatip. The Fatip was the smoothest of them all. The R41 to me is not smooth at all.

xnykid likes this.
  11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I have owned the S2 and the H2. The H2 is much more aggressive than the S2.

CyanideMetal likes this.