Building Lather in Your Hand

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by TstebinsB, Apr 24, 2008.

1. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Recently, I purchased a bunch of TSD shaving soap samples (thanks for the extras, JoAnna!). Because of their small size, I've been making lather while holding the soap in my hand. I know Charles (CAR) recommends building lather in your hand but wow! I don't know why but the lather is amazing. It's the easiest lather to make and for me, it has also been the best. Many of my soaps already come in tubs but I'm thinking of building lather this way all the time. How many of you already do the same?

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I have been doing this for a long time. Not only do use this technique with MS but any soap I can. The lather is always great. This is also a good way to determine the quality of the lather.

Raf

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I've tried it a few times but I'm not a fan of a hand full of lather. I figure if I'm going to build it up and load the brush and wash my hand anyway, I'll just face lather. Its the only way I manage to get a good lather from soaps.

4. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Me too.
    Any soap thatll come out of its shell, gets the hand treatment.

5. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

When MS didn't work for me, I used that same excuse as one of the reasons why it probably wasn't for me anyway. Now that I can make great lather with approach, I feel right at home. ;)

6. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Nothing like it. I picked up the habit from Charles and still use it all the time. I use a bowl only for creams, which I use rarely.

7. Will

Will Nevermind

I do it with Col Conk and Williams, after using it like a shave stick. Great results every time.

8. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

is Lovie aware of this behavior???????????:eek::D

9. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

My father always made lather in his hand. He used Williams soap powder that came in a can.

I start off making lather on the soap in a mug but sometimes I make lather on my face for the second pass. Making it in my hand has always been the slowest way for me.

Richard

10. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

That's how I do it too. To make the initial lather, I do it in my hand. After though, I have so much lather loaded in my brush that I can apply the lather directly to my face for subsequent passes. I had enough lather for 5 passes yesterday. It was BBS goodness. :D

11. When you travel as much as I, the hand technique is a must !

12. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

Same here. I really don't like to be messy.:)

13. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

It's what I was doing for the TGQ small pucks but I enjoy direct face lathering now.