New DE shaver

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by DFrazier, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Some great advice from these gents and +1 for the facial cleaner also cleansing is a great time to further map your beard growth prior to shaving as well as stiffening those whiskers for a close shave.

Bama Samurai and DFrazier like this.
  2. DFrazier

DFrazier Well-Known Member

I am definitly going to buy samplers of soaps and blades. I have come to the conclusion that their are so many options and items out there, that to buy full packs and canisters would get pricey fast. So to midigate that, samplers it is.

Also, i have some great news about tonights shave but I am going to start posting my shaving experiences in the SOS of the day thread. Sorry but i feel that is probably the best place to put it now.

Thank you all for the advice youve given me and the warm welcome ive recieved.

3. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den! I couldn't possibly add anything that you haven't already heard. It will come.

DFrazier likes this.
  4. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Welcome to the den, best place to learn IMHO. No pretentiousness here at all and very laid back. Just think of us as your older uncles teaching you how to shave :)

5. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

I've been in a lot of forums in my day going back to fidonet at 300 baud. This is amongst the friendliest.

Bama Samurai, DFrazier and youngunn like this.
  6. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I lurk around a few others, people getting banned for no reasons, quick to get offended... None of that here. Just easy going guys.(and a couple gals)

Spud, Bama Samurai and DFrazier like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SoS is the best place to post your shaves. It is a heavily browsed thread.

Robyflexx and DFrazier like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Nice set! The Fatboy is the likely star of the bunch, but any of those will give great results with the right technique.

The Flare Tip would be a fine choice for learning as well.

Robyflexx and DFrazier like this.
  9. DFrazier

DFrazier Well-Known Member

The flartip and fatboy are the two ive been using the fatboy seems to be the one so far haha.

Spud and Robyflexx like this.
  10. Monbonlupin

Monbonlupin Active Member

Welcome to the Den !

DFrazier likes this.
  11. ed.britt

ed.britt New Member

Though you do have some nice vintage razors there, you might also try an Edwin Jagger DE89 or the EJ Kelvin that Amazon carries exclusively. Maybe let Santa know about it? And thanks for your service. I was USAF Satcom/Wideband myself back in the day and we couldn't do anything with out our PowerPro guys.

chrisbd and DFrazier like this.
  12. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

lots of great advice so far the only thing i have to add is +1 on no more ATG on your neck for a while, just WTG & XTG and forget the Feather blades for a while, you need to find your self a smoother sharper blade and remember, it really is not the price you pay, it is what works best for you. I have a buddy who loves Derby Baldes buys them by the 100's for me they just don't work, loved them when i started but don't use them any more.
    DON'T USE ANY PRESSURE ON YOUR RAZOR. Also check your lather for slipperiness. some soap needs to be more watery to be the most slippery. what looks good in a picture is not always the way it needs to be to work best for you, a lot of it has to do with want kind of water you have but don't get me started on that.
    welcome to the game.

chrisbd and DFrazier like this.