What do you guys think of this?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Justin Linker, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

2. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I have one. Cost me about $1.50 on ebay shipped for free from China. It works but you have to be careful when loading a blade to make sure its seated well on the nibs. I prefer sharper blades in it like GSB. I still need to try a feather in it. Keep in mind that it is much easier to cut yourself with this then it is with a real straight. Also keep in mind that the blade will seem to dull faster then the same blade in a DE razor because you are only using one half of it at a time.

I don't like the heavy scales on it. With a smooth tang it sometimes wants to twist in your grip from the weight of the scales. I'm going to file some ridges on the top and bottom of the tang to help with that. I'm not worried about ruining it because it cost so little.

For the cost and experiance its not bad. I would get a new one if mine broke. Its very usable and the price is right. I even shaved my legs with it once to prove a point.

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Why not? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

I just bought it. I already have a shavette. I love it I just wanted to try a different style without breaking the bank.

5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

What's the worst that can happen?.......

Drygulch and BigCabDaddy like this.
  6. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I bought one recently. I was suprised to find that it's not a piece of junk, which I half expected due to the price. It seems pretty solid. In fact the only problem I've had with it has been human error.
    I hope you enjoy using yours.