SoS: November 30, 2015 - December 6, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Nov 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NapalmCola

NapalmCola Well-Known Member

SOTD: Tuesday and Thursday
    I'm going with a two part " twinning T day " theme.
    Today was :
    Gillette 1967 (M-3) black handle
    Supper speed
    Shark Blades super chrome
    Soap smooth Ceret
    VDH boar brush
    Homemade pre shave oil
    Alum block
    Witch hazel
    uploadfromtaptalk1449004681050.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1449004689593.jpg

2. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
    Razor - Gillette NEW Long Comb
    Blade - Perma-Sharp Super (#2)
    Brush - Omega 20106
    Soap - Arko
    After - Frozen towel / Alum & WH Mix
    Result - BBS

It's been quite some time since the LC has graced my stubble - and it tells! Usual smooth result from the blades but it's not exactly irritation free, even the rarely seen alum block made a guest appearance.
    I had more than a few interruptions and constant noise throughout, something that has actually never happened me in the almost two years since going traditional, so I was a little wound-up to say the least. I reckon a combination of these factors has left me less than satisfied tonight. This is not something I'm accustomed to!

3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Merkur 38C Barber Pole
    Blade: Wilkinson (2)
    Brush: Omega 10066 Boar
    Soap: Route 66 Barbershop Hop
    A/S: TSD Iced Barber Shoppe
    Much better shave tonight. Didn't drop my brush in the sink for starters. Have a much improved angle of attack with the 38C which provided a DFS. Not a very good picture, a bit blurry.
    1 12 15c.jpg

4. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

December 1

Razor - 1958 Gillette Executive Adjustable (Set on 4. And yes, I noticed the picture it is set on 5, I promise the shave was on 4)
    Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (1)
    Brush - Stirling Kong
    Soap - Tabac
    Post - Cold water, witch hazel, Old Spice
    [​IMG]

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

No-Menthol Wednesday:

Stirling Pre-Shave Soap :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Astra day 3
    Matas SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055:
    Krampert's Bay Rum AS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055:
    Aramis EdT

Thanks to my good friend Martin (tuxxdk) I have two pucks of this lovely Danish-made soap which smells awesome, lathers great, and gives a very comfortable post-shave feeling. This is one soap, despite it not having any menthol that I honestly enjoy using. Brian's Bay Rum aftershave is another product which is so skin-friendly and to be very honest I think it's got the most beautiful bay rum scent with the best longevity. A special shout-out to Rod's pre-shave soap which I also think the world of! ;) :D

Pre_Shave_Soap__39521_1437010115_800_800.jpg matas-ss.jpg kramperts_1024x1024.jpg

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod151202.JPG
    Wednesday's
    ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

Dove Men Face Wash
    Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #30RS Silver Tip
    DeFitch Three Piece Razor
    Personna Super Stainless
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman AS

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #30RS Silver Tip brush. Two passes with my DeFitch Three Piece Razor and a Personna Super Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks Doug. You have my permission to repeat yourself as often as you wish. ;)

8. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Today I had my first shave with the C3 repeating razor. Very smooth and forgiving with a Chinese Shick blade. Great razor! image.jpeg

9. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I'm using a more downward angle and it seems to work pretty well. I really don't think you want it flat on your face. I sort of tilt it down until I feel it cutting.

10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

wristwatchb, Bobcat, Llyr and 11 others like this.
  11. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

SOTD - Wed. 12/2

Razor-Ikon 102 Slant / OSS handle

I love this razor. Thanks to Kerry I added this one to my modern razor list a while back. It is a joy to shave with.
    [​IMG]

12. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Cobra Classic
    Feather Pro #1
    @clint64 Rubberset 400 #3 Omega 1066 Boar
    MDC Fougere
    Alum, Witch Hazel +Menthol, Whipped Shea Butter
    Fine Platinum

The Cobra Classic design fits my hand perfectly with the thumb and forefinger just under the head. It is perfectly balanced with a heavy handle under a light slim head. Holding it reminded me of the Schick Type I. The Cobra head is much lighter than the Mongoose and easier to maneuver. The Cobra handled like a well tuned sports car (Ford Cobra) making the Mongoose feel more like a Hummer.
    Today’s shave was an amazingly close, maybe my closest shave ever with a Feather Pro blade. Two passes with clean up and my face was BBS. No nicks, no cuts, and no weepers, even with a new blade. I treaded lightly with this razor. Closeness A+ and Irritation A. My face is tingling. Since this is my first shave with the Cobra I must reserve judgement comparing it to the Mongoose.

IMG_3237.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  13. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Someone snagged a Cobra!!

Now we need our thoughts between the Cobra and Mongoose.

Redfisher, wristwatchb, Llyr and 7 others like this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Stunning photo.

15. Boojum1

;)

16. Boojum1

Thanks Clint!

17. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Thanks, your info is correct. I misread the information and the photo is NKP 765 that was preserved by the Ft Wayne Historical Society.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  18. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

Very nice setup for the shaving implements. I kinda did not mention that, getting caught up in steam and being a research wonk.

Llyr, RaZorBurn123, vwp528 and 5 others like this.
  19. m54daboll

m54daboll Well-Known Member

Nov. 30th SOSOTD:
    Prep: Nivea Energy Men's Face Scrub
    Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-shave Cream
    Shaving Soap: Captain's Choice Bay Rum
    Brush: Semogue 1460 Boar
    Aftershave: Captain's Choice Bay Rum
    Post-Shave Balm: Nivea Sensitive
    Razor/ Blade: Q-Brothers Razor (Private labeled Muhle closed comb)/ Astra SP

Great shave overall. I'm starting to like the Astra SP blades a lot. The Q-brothers razor is a classic Muhle razor with the R89 closed comb head and a different handle. Lather was very good and very slick. Scent strength was strong, however it smelled odd. Had a unique scent to it. The soap did not match the aftershave, which is odd because they are the same brand. Aftershave left my face moisturized and worked well. This is my first SOSOTD so go easy on me!

20. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD...............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.