Thinking about picking up a SYNTHETIC Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by AFWoody, Dec 9, 2015.

1. rbtek1

rbtek1 Active Member

I just ordered The Holy Black custom synthetic brush. Looking forward to getting it in with all the other things I ordered.

BigCabDaddy and AFWoody like this.
  2. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

I think this post sums up about 95% of wet-shaving :rofl:

The Kong just looks way too big for my face, even though it seems like a nice brush.
    There certainly are a lot of choices out there now though
    . DSC_1246_large.jpg
    I've got a Plisson knot in a different handle and a Plissoft barber handle (pictured above) on the way. The barber handle was part of the reason I bought it, and the price was hard to disagree with.

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Shave revolution?

4. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

IB Plissoft in the Barber Handle. Not sure about the knot, but the handles are almost identical, so far as I can tell.

5. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

I think I'm sold on the Plissoft myself

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. AFWoody

AFWoody Member

I just got my Plissoft today and I am amazed how it feels. (Dry). I am going to use it the next coming days but man. It is amazingly soft.

txskimo and Robyflexx like this.
  7. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Nice score....you picked a good one.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

That's great AFWoody! Let us know your impressions when you've test driven it and have fun. :happy108:

txskimo likes this.
  9. txskimo

I placed an order today.....I can't wait. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

clint64 and Robyflexx like this.
  10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I cannot say enough good things about the RR Plissoft. It is a brush that can compete with much more expensive choices. It has the Plisson type synthetic knot, but it is more dense and seems to be a wider knot. For $10 this brush has blown me away. The handle is on the heavy side and feels durable, and the knot is great for face lathering.

txskimo likes this.
  11. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I have two brushes that I believe use the same fiber as the Plissoft. One is the Plisson, the other is The Grooming Company. The Plissoft sounds like it would be right in between the other two in terms of loft and backbone, which would make it just about perfect. I'll probably get one next year.

12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I think I'm going for the plissoft. The price is right too. Thanks guys.

Ahh Oui, txskimo and Robyflexx like this.
  13. txskimo

My Plissoft just came in today. Holy s***! I don't think I'll ever need another brush unless it's another Plissoft. I thought my Pro 49 could whip up a lather....this thing is effortless and feels like a damn cloud on my face.

Ahh Oui and Robyflexx like this.
  14. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

It will take a while to notice, but you'll soon find that your soaps are magically lasting longer too.

15. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

They don't hog soap. It releases more soap so you don't need to load as much. Fantastic brush.

16. Nisse

Nisse New Member

Small detail maybe but I prefer my synthetic shaving brushes to be true vegan ie not dyed to look like badger.

17. Ahh Oui

Ahh Oui Well-Known Member

I picked up a "scratched logo" Stirling 22mm when I ordered some soaps and it's quickly becoming my favorite brush. So much so that I'm thinking of using it as my sole brush of January 2016! Some might consider it too small, but it fits great in the hand in both weight and balance.
    Super soft, solid backbone and making great lather!

Great thread!

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

All that matters is how much you like it buddy. Enjoy it :happy088:

Ahh Oui likes this.