How's your day? December 2015

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Nov 30, 2015.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Went to a fairly large antique store this AM. Not a single razor, safety or str8, to be found. Only one small gnarly looking no-name shaving brush.

macaronus and youngunn like this.
  2. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

A lovely day, extraordinarily warm for December in Massachusetts. I did not accomplish as much as intended, I did succeed in mailing a bunch of packages.

Saw a special last night on PBS about the life of Buddha. Fascinating. Wonderful behavior and sentiment. I am not about to discard my current religion and don saffron robes. I will incorporate some of the peaceful attitudes into my daily life to support my existing beliefs.

macaronus and txskimo like this.
  3. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

Yeah, some days are like that. Hope tomorrow presents fewer walls.

4. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Where has the last week gone? Can't say that I have done anything that exciting other than working and launching rockets for 16 hours last weekend. Work is work, the kids are nuts, and we have one more week until break.

But Edison robots this week, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Can't believe the temps we are having in almost Mid-December. Nothing like walking around in a t-shirt outdoors on Dec. 12.

5. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

So I accidentally spilled about half a bottle of alcohol on the laptop today..still works..get it..still works. Least the thing's nice and sterile now..no ones gonna be getting any tetanus from this computer...

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That laptop is gonna go onto eBay and drunk-bid on a bunch of razors now

7. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I cleaned sweet iced tea out of a laptop once with a half a bottle of alcohol. Too bad the kids ruined it with the sweet tea. It never turned on again. I still have it hoping I'll have the drive to tear it apart and fix it sometime.

8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Today's been a little rough, my older sister is moving to the Sacramento area came by today with 5 big boxes of my moms belongings. Things like stuffed animals, an old tea pot that I used to put my paper route money in, pictures and some jewelry.

macaronus and youngunn like this.
  9. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Found out an estate picker had a bag of good condition razors. Tracked him down only to find out he sold them all yesterday for $10 for the entire bag, some in cases.

Erik Redd, youngunn and txskimo like this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

11. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Minus the hot spot, exchange the apple devices for Android, keep the Anker and Zune, and that's what I usually have on my person at most times... Plus moto 360 and Plantronics bluetooth headphones. Not to mention all the other EDC...

Now, if I'm carrying one of my backpacks...:D

I seem to recall that epic event

macaronus and Darkbulb like this.
  12. Red Rider

13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I continue to be amazed at how different/better quality coffee tastes via french press method. I'm using half the sugar and I can taste some different "notes" among different coffees. /dumbfounded

macaronus, mrchick and Intrigued like this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Don't be dumbfounded. You're just getting closer to drinking real coffee - black! A lot of flavor, aka notes, folks miss out on because they add cream or milk and sugar.

But it's your coffee. Drink it your way.

15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

:D

16. Red Rider

I swear I'm being watched !! Was having a FP coffee as I was reading this. I only make FP on weekends due to time constraints. Here is a picture of today's brew in a SS double wall press. I use an inexpensive glass one at work.
    Local roasted coffee from El Salvador.

In the background. Having this for breakfast today. http://www.inspiredtaste.net/8056/kale-with-egg-and-toast-recipe/#comments

Attached Files:

macaronus and richgem like this.
  17. DDuckyMark

I used a french press all the time as it was my only coffeepot but my exwife kept it during the split so I have an electric drip now. still tastes good but I miss my french press. I start out the morning with cream and sugar but as the day cycles my coffee gets blacker.

macaronus likes this.
  18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Oh no no it wasn't me - this was just for fun :)

Red Rider likes this.
  19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Sounds like a great excuse for acquiring a new one....
    SafariScreenSnapz027.jpg

macaronus, mrchick and txskimo like this.
  20. DDuckyMark

Someday I'm sure I will.