Camamu shave soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Mr. Tadashi, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

Has anyone else tried it. I picked up a round of it in Bay Rhum while getting lunch.(It is mainly sold in stores in the Oregon/Washington area and on their site)

In terms of the smell it had a nice cinnamon sent but, it did not seem to lather up very well at all. I will try using it again to see if it just needs to be hydrated a bit.

Edit: The lather was rather airy and missing body.(The texture was more along the lines of a bubble bath rather than a meringue) I will try using it again tomorrow night and see if it was simply a case where it was too dry.

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Never heard of it, sorry...

Try to really load the brush with as much soap as you can and then whip and stir until your hand hurts. If you don't have a good lather by then, well, then it is the fault of the soap.

3. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

Thanks for the tips. I figured it is not very well known at all since even here in Portland in is only found in a few stores.

4. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

Update: I tried the soap again and well it just did not later up for me. If any one wants to try it let me know.(Mabie it will work for someone else)

5. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

Same here. Never heard of it. Try to combine it with some cream, it will help with the lather but will defeat the purpose of using a shave soap.

Regards,
    Alfred

6. MaxP

MaxP Member

I saw Camamu Bay Rhum soap in someone's acqusition posting so I ordered it. I'm always a sucker for homemade products.

It came in th email today. Tomorrow I'll give it a try and post my impressions.

7. Mr. Tadashi

Mr. Tadashi Member

That was probably mine. I haven't had any real luck with it myself but, YMMV.(On the plus side the soap makes the bathroom smell nice.

8. MaxP

MaxP Member

Hello-

I'm with Tadashi on this soap.

Sometimes you just have to try a product to learn for yourself what its about. And this one is a pass for me.

Great scent, poor lather. I used my usual boar soap brush, well hydrated in hot water. I was careful to gather plenty of soap on the brush. It lathered reasonably well on my face...and then disappeared!

Life's too short and there are too many great products to have to struggle with something as simple as a shave soap.

I applaud a small enterpreneur trying to sell a natural (olive, coconut, castor, avacado, sweet almond, aloe and shea butter oils) product, but it needs to do what it should.

Just MHO.