3rd Method Shaving Video

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by mantic, Mar 2, 2007.

1. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Greetings! I've just uploaded my final "introductory" video about Method Shaving, this one on Cutting Forms and finishing, here!

--Mark

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thanks for the link!

3. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Very Nice Mark, Your video making skills have gotten better along with your shaving knowledge. Wen't back to the first video again and what a difference. Very excellent work.

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Anyone noticed the cat in the background!!!!!

Nice video Mark!!!!

Raf

5. xChris

xChris Member

Yeah, the cat makes cameo appearances in a couple of Mark's videos.

6. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

:happy096

Great work as always!

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

nice video as usual, Mark! :cool:
    Loved to watch it, even though I ain't no method shaver - I've got my own methods (pun intended :D )

8. Afzal

Afzal New Member

I would rather sugesst that we should never shave against the grain as this pulls the skin in the wrong direction causing small cuts and 'grazing' to the skin and is the most common cause of 'razor burn', ingrown hairs and shaving rash. Rinse the face thoroughly with cool water to close the pores and pat the face dry with a soft towel.

9. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

@Afzal: there are many, many guys out there that shave ATG on a daily basis after an initial WTG pass. If it doesn't work for you, just stick with WTG, but a general warning of ATG-passes wouldn't be richt. Each to his own ;)

10. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hey gang, I'm a newbie here, but that was an interesting video..I usually shave with an electric, but on Sunday evening, I shave with a blade...I do shave against the grain, though, as I always felt I got a closer shave that way..

I will have to try shaving with the grain, next time. Great vid, bye the way.

Steve

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Steve,

This is about stubble reduction with each pass. First pass WTG, second XTG and last ATG if needed or desired. Many individuals shave against the grain me included but I make sure the stubble has been reduced with the two previous passes.

Raf