What did you eat as a kid you wouldn't eat now

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Scorpio, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I'll start with Vienna sausages!!!! what the heck is in those things!!!!

and what the heck is that gelatin!!

Raf

2. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Chef Boy Ar Dee........ and TV dinners...

3. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

I'm thinkin' they are made with possum! And that gelatin...well, that's cholesterol!

I ate 'em growin' up too, but I don't care for 'em now!

Another one for me is 'pickled pigs feet'. My grandpa ate 'em and I still remember eatin' them with him....but today I don't think I could stomach 'em.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Can't think of anything.

I was a picky eater as a child. Now I'm less picky. Still picky, just less. :D

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

McDonalds (except vanilla Ice Cream - delicious)
    Burger King
    Taco Bell
    KFC
    Arby's
    White Castle
    ....actually, most fast foods

6. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

1. Cod liver oil! :signs113

Not by choice-my mother gave it to me once a week on Monday and I would still be belching it on Friday!

2. Castor oil! (see above). Now that I'm older, I found out they use this for airplane wheel bearings!

never, ever again.

Marty

7. xChris

xChris Member

Like Joanna, nothing that I can think of. In fact, I'm probably the opposite -- eating things now that I wouldn't when younger.

8. _JP_

_JP_ Searching for a Forum title

I can't think of anything that I would avoid (what I didn't like, I don't miss). But there are things that Mom cooked that I'll never taste again because she is no longer around.

9. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

ketchup sandwich. Hey, I was in a hurry.:rolleyes:

10. fuerein

fuerein New Member

Honestly I can't really think of anything unless you include the doggie chocolates my older sister conned me into eating one Christmas when I was 4 or 5. There are things that I wouldn't necessarily eat but it is more an issue that I just wouldn't bother to make them now as opposed to a true aversion. Summers in my parents house could be a pain to find things to eat at times so I'd often take random things that nominally went together to make something for lunch.

For instance I remember looking for lunch one day, nothing I could make in the pantry, so I grabbed a jar of salsa and a can of refried beans, mixed the two together (I was trying to nominally replicate the grocery store bean dip) and then ate that with some tortilla chips. I wouldn't eat that now but it is more because I could come up with better things to make than a true desire not to eat that.

11. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Peanut butter and barbecue sauce sandwiches. Yep.

12. Will

Will Nevermind

My Mothers cooking.

13. Will

Will Nevermind

I too find myself eating much, much less fast food.

But I do like a good heart attack breakfast from Mikey D's now and again.

14. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

entire pizza's come to mind. I was an eating machine. I couldn't eat more than a few slices today.

15. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Caterplliars. :D

And Kraft Dinner. Which for those of you from the U.S. who might not know, is boxed macaroni and cheese. Boil water, add noodles. Drain water when noodles are tender, add butter, milk, and powdered cheese surprise. Mix to create sauce.

I used to love it as a kid, but I have three boxes now that I really should give away to a food bank. Tried it again and realized my tastes buds really have matured.

16. bg42

bg42 New Member

Two words

Sheep brains

17. _JP_

_JP_ Searching for a Forum title

You didn't like it? :sick007

18. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

............my words !! :rofl

19. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

Pixie sticks. Pure sugar.

St. Croix

20. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

I honestly can't think of anything. I was a pretty picky eater as a kid :confused: