The Veg, South of border equivalent?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by NapalmCola, Jan 2, 2016.

1. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Looks awesome! Never tried VREG either but would like to try this for sure. I actually love the smell of fresh cut hay (there's a bunch in my area)

NapalmCola likes this.
  2. NapalmCola

NapalmCola Well-Known Member

Chances are I am totally wrong on what I imagine fresh cut hay to smell like. When you receive it let me know your take on it, and how off I am in my scent guess.

3. NapalmCola

Having used this splash (?) for a second day I want to say that at first it has the usual strong alcohol smell at first. When it disipates it shifts to a fresh green yet very slight sweet floral (?) scent.
    While it becomes very mild, it does last for a few hours. At least on myself. It will not conflict with any AS or cologne.
    It reminds me of a light scented witch hazel.
    I'm glad I picked up the good sized bottle, and for under $5. Give it a shot yourself and if you don't like it, PIF it.
    If you don't want to commit to a big $5 bottle to see if you like it I am sending out some small samples to any who are interested.
    Thanks

4. NapalmCola

Ok, the bottles are filled and will be packed and shipped tomorrow. If your interested pm me.

I currently have 3 going out.
    whiteboy_cannon
    battle.munky
    gorgo2.

uploadfromtaptalk1452231856448.jpg

5. NapalmCola

Just added to the list for samples:
    Mr. freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 likes this.
  6. whiteboy_cannon

Just gave it a shot as an after shave. Definitely did the usual after shave things, slight burn and then soothing the skin. But it left my face dryer than the Sahara. Which has not been fun today. But will give it another shot later this week

NapalmCola likes this.
  7. NapalmCola

Good to know, I have used it after I go over my face with cold water and an Alum block. While still wet I spray/splash it on then go back over with a rung out cold water wash cloth ( I always use a small wash cloth when I shave ). Then AS balm for the moisturizing.

I have just used it in place of my witch hazel in my routine. Have you tried the Bull Dog brand ASB ? For me it has a very earthy and raw herbal scent. Not like roses and geraniums. Like chamomile and tea herb smell.

Works great, well worth the $10 for a small bottle. I picked up 2 when they were 40% off.

I can send ya a sample if you like.
    I have no idea why the bottle is floating on its side.
    [​IMG]

8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I've used the Hena de Pravia twice so far and I can say that it is as normal of an AS as I have used. I think I may add some glycerine just to soften it up a bit but aside from that it works like all my other ASs. Keep in mind I do not have sensitive skin to my knowledge.

I rather like the scent. It has a nice soapy smell and it dissipates within a few hours.

Thanks to @NapalmCola for the sample :

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm still waiting to shave (maybe later today) but I am VERY pleased with the HdP. Great stuff, if they sold it local I'd stock up and use it regularly. I did detect a note in it that I get from Superior 70. No idea what it could be but it's not a bad thing.

battle.munky likes this.
  10. whiteboy_cannon

That is very generous of you. I'll take you up on that offer.
    And I do have fairly sensitive skin, I usually do AS splashes after which hazel, it's a good mild middle man before I put on AS

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  11. whiteboy_cannon

Oh and I don't think it smells like fresh cut hay at all. There are a lot of hay farms around where I live, so I have a good idea about it. It does smell good though. Nice and masculine, just not very much like hay. That's my opinion though

battle.munky likes this.
  12. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Yeah CJ (@whiteboy_cannon) I ain't getting a hint of hay either. Fresh cut soap all day though. Still can't quite place it but it isn't bad at all.