SoS: January 18, 2016 - January 24, 2016

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'll do that tomorrow. My wife gave them all the smell test and I have a couple to try.

vwp528, Llyr, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Monday Jan 18

Prep Hot shower
    Razor My Bunny injector Version 2
    Blade Chick (1)
    Soap Haslinger Sandalwood
    Brush WD Pure Boar
    AS VIBR

Did a 3 pass shave WTG,XTG,ATG and under jaw touchup.

This was the first shave with my razor. It shaved really nice used just the weight of the head. There was no tugging or Weepers.
    It is kind of exciting trying out something you made yourself. Not sure if would kill me or not.

Tom

[​IMG]

Gordy, preidy, Sir.$-Mad and 26 others like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:signs154: @twhite Tom the razor and combs look fantastic, so happy to see them on the SOTD!! upload_2016-1-18_19-12-59.jpeg

vwp528, Llyr, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent pictures. Thanks for the extra information. Great looking stuff!!!

5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Were did you get that brush handle? Good looking products. Congratulations!!!

vwp528, Llyr, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I designed it and had it printed at work. It is made of nylon. I have 3 of them. All 3 have WD knots Synthetic. Pure Black Badger and the Boar you see in the picture.

Tom

vwp528, poppi, Llyr and 6 others like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks Tom.

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod160119.JPG
    Tuesday's
    ZCOLDWATER.jpg

Dove Men Face Wash
    Proraso Green Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #37 Synthetic
    Eversharp-Schick G1
    Personna
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Rose Petal WH
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue

The Proraso Green Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #37 Synthetic brush. Two passes with my Eversharp-Schick G1 razor and a Personna Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Aqua Velva Ice Blue after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Gordy, preidy, Sir.$-Mad and 22 others like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That is an zamazing.jpg razor, Tom. Congratulations. Following your progress.

Bobcat, vwp528, Llyr and 4 others like this.
  10. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Nice timepiece! Thanks for sharing the story:eatdrink047:

11. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Very cool!:happy069:

12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great photo and shaving gear.

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thank you very much. I am thinking that I will use this Proraso until it is gone. I have had it since March 2012 and have about 75 shaves on it so far.

vwp528, Llyr, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  14. NapalmCola

NapalmCola Well-Known Member

SOTD Menthol Monday

I added some peppermint EO to drop the temp on the KMF. I don't have the best luck with the lather so I added a bit of the ol reliable C. O. Bigelow menthol soap.

First time using these blades. Very interesting story behind them. The packaging can be a bit misleading. It's as though they want you to believe they are made with Sweedish steel and from Switzerland as well.

I personal find the whole story more interesting and think they should print it on the package. But that's just me , and I'm not in charge of marketing for the company. So here is what I have found to be the most consistent from the various descriptions. This blade is not to be confused with the Durasharp 7 AM which looks very similar in packaging. And is also made in India.

The Swiss Quality steel for the blades is from China. It is then sent to Japan to be tempered to German specifications. Then sent to India where it is ran through the old Wilkinson Sword blades machines that where purchased from the plant in England when they closed the doors and relocated to Germany.

They may not want to boast about being made in India. Even though the Wilkinson Sword " Saloon " are made in India. Maybe these two are from the same factory?

I think telling the story of the blade on the box would help with sales.

.[​IMG]

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Doug and Don, thanks for the kind words!

16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great idea. I've always wondered how many shave one could get from one soap.

vwp528, Llyr, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

A new soap and aftershave for Tuesday morning:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily::Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Astra day 2
    Tcheon Fung Sing Sottozero SS
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Italian Barber Amici AS

Two firsts for me which arrived today and I'll be giving them their maiden voyages. From what I've seen on You Tube, this Sottozero soap lathers like a bomb and according to what I was told, it's very well-mentholated. After all, in Italian Sottozero means below zero. The Amici aftershave smells terrific. I seem to detect a mixture of citrus and cinnamon. ;) :D

DSC_1335_1024x1024.jpg gold-bond-medicated-body-lotion-400-ml-600x600.jpg DSC_1239_1024x1024.jpg

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great post.

19. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks, my friend! :)

20. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I wish I could "Like" that one twice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.