Honing Safety **** Grisly Pic ****

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by TheFiveO, Jan 17, 2016.

1. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

That looks very good,happy to see that!

TheFiveO likes this.
  2. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

Might look alright now, but it's given me more grief than it's worth since it closed over. I managed to shave a small amount of bone in the process which probably didn't help. I'm not even that sure what they could have done in the hospital. Certainly, I was able to maintain a very sterile wound and changed the dressing daily but The FiveO has my sympathy with regard to pain because there were more than a few expletives hurled about, not at the time, but as it was trying to heal. Every time I touched it I think a few nuns filled their swear jars.

lindyhopper66 and TheFiveO like this.
  3. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your mishap. It is so easy to quickly cut yourself when handling a straight. A moment of inattention.

I went to a straight razor meetup a few years ago, where I brought several straights carrying them in a jacket inside pocket. On taking them all out of my pocket, one fell open and cut my hand.

4. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Okay, well one week out and here's how it's looking. I have a thin layer of skin across most of it and have about 85% of my prior flexibility. Just keepin it covered and protected with neosporin.
    [​IMG]
    I think it's gonna leave a mark. Lol

Spud and Drygulch like this.
  5. baldone

baldone Member

I just had my first barber chair shaved head and face a couple of weeks ago and I was white knuckling the arm rest while he was whipping that thing around my head. I swear I might not have done it if I saw this first :eek: I hope you heal up quickly!

6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

1. Did they say it needed a graft, Orr will it heal up?

7. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

No the doc in the ER and my regular doc seem to think it will heal from inside out. Prob gonna have a nice scar as a reminder