The Best Shave Creams

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by ada8356, Feb 4, 2007.

1. PottyDoctor

PottyDoctor Jeff Foxworthy of Shaving

Jason,

The Nancy Boy Signature and the J.M. Frasers are two of my favorite creams.

I really love the scent of the NB cream, but most of all I love the rich, creamy, luxurious, light-cooling, ultra-cushioning lather it produces; it's my 'go-to' cream.

I recently received a tub of J.M. Frasers in a trade. This stuff produces a totally different lather than any other cream I have used. The lather is ultra-thick, ultra-creamy, ultra-rich and produces an ultra-slick shaving surface. The citrusy scent is not anything to write home about, but the lather and shave are so outstanding I can live with the ho-hum scent.

Another of my favorites is Kiss My Face Lavender & Shea Butter. By itself it produces a top notch lather and gives the protection and cushioning that makes a great shave. However, I add this stuff to my other creams and soaps to 'kick 'em up a notch'.

This morning I blended some KMF and JMF creams and I absolutely loved the lather they produced. I also blend KMF and NB sometimes and the result is very, very nice!

I'm gonna' be on the lookout for a good source for the J.M. Frasers, since it is apparently a Candian cream. Any pointers?

2. ada8356

ada8356 Member

This is the only place that I know of that carries it:

http://www.thebeautyfactory.com/barber.htm

I've made a few purchases from them... keep in mind though, you'll probably want to purchase multiple items to off-set the high shipping costs.

I've simply sent them an email listing what I wanted to purchase and then given them my phone number. A few days later I receive a call confirming the order and I give them my CC # and address.

3. PottyDoctor

:shocked003 :shocked003 :shocked003 "Mama Bear's Ice Bear Shave Cream....it's so cold you'll freak!" :shocked003 :shocked003 :shocked003

4. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I scored both my tubs without actually purchasing any... first time was part of the Secret Santa over at the "Other" forum... second time was in a trade for some of my gear I don't use... and this second tub ended up being over 95% full!

About the only place I can find that sells it online is here:

http://thebeautyfactory.com/barber.htm

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I'd be all over that like stink on a skunk.

6. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Mama Bear's Polar Bear blend!

7. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

See MamaBear? There's a market... you should make the coolest soap/cream you've ever made! :drool

8. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

ToBS St. James
    Trumpers Coconut
    C&E Sandalwood
    Musgo Real
    JM Frasers

Ask me again tomorrow :rolleyes:

9. qaswer

qaswer New Member

I am agreed . The only bad thing is , those are very costly and i can't afford other wise those are very lovely and effective .

10. jramire2

jramire2 Member

C&E creams are actually cheaper on a "per ounce" basis if you buy their tubes. For $30 you can get 7 ounces of cream. Still high, but it's not much more than if you bought Taylors in the tubes. $4.28/ounce Vs $4.20 for Taylors tubes.
    And way less than T&H tubes at $7.20/ounce in the tubes.

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have some Chillout from Olivia, which was sent to me as a trade off for Proraso and Florena. First of all, it's really a soap, but it lathers more like a cream, and I find the scent delightful. When I finish it, I'd love to get some more of it. As is the case with every Olivia product I've had, the shaves it gives, along with the post shave skincare are marvellous, and the skin feels smooth, soft, and irritation and razor burn free.

12. Depilator

Depilator New Member

Always enjoy being the contrarian and try to buy domestic. Found two American creams which I now go to more often than my favorite Brits.

1. SCS Bay Rum/twist and Oakmoss/lavendula
    2. Nancy Boy
    3. Trumper coconut
    4. Taylor avocado
    5. AOS lavender

BTW, if anyone has plans for a group buy on Fraser's, I would be very interested.

--Perry--

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den Perry!

14. Will

Will Nevermind

Have you tried it yet?

I may be willing to ship you a sample to hold you over untill you sweet talk one of our northern members.

15. PottyDoctor

Ditto on the group buy! I would definitely love to have a couple more Fraser's tubs to put into inventory! :cool:

16. Will

Will Nevermind

Well If anyone wants to go in on a group buy I already have a tub but some Booster would be nice while we are at it. :D

The JMF is really worth it if you can get your hands on it.

17. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

+1 on both counts.

JMF is awesome.

Booster stuff is awesome.

18. jnich67

jnich67 Member

If you ever order from Colleen at TGQ, be sure to grab some of her Lavender de Provence cream. It is simply outstanding.

Jordan

19. Will

Will Nevermind

Have you tried her soap? WAY BETTER! :drool

20. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Why yes I have :drool . I use soaps, including several of Colleen's, probably 5 days a week. Sometimes on the weekends I'll do a luxurious shave with a cream and Colleen's Lavender de Provence is among my favorites.

PS. Her bath soaps are excellent as well.

Jordan