What is the one thing in your shaving routine that few do?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Morning Shave, Jan 28, 2016.

1. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

I have my African Gray parrot on the shower door behind me alternating singing Bruno Mars, Eminem, and saying, "What the ****?" Does that count?

Joef, Halvor, TheFiveO and 6 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Beautiful creatures. If they didn't live so long I'd consider adopting one. Do they have any respect for... bathroom activities? I guess I'm asking if they are litterbox trained, or do they crap where ever they happen to be at the moment?

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

It counts if you wear an eye patch, a bandana on your head, a scabbard in your belt and drink the rum out of the bottle before you splash it on your face after shaving.:eatdrink013:

... To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

Halvor, twhite, RyX and 2 others like this.
  4. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I do the same thing.

5. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I take my razor apart after shaving and clean it good with a soft bristled toothbrush, dry it off and shine it up before it goes back in the rack .. i guess i just like a nice clean shiny razor when i go to shave ... im sure not everyone does this but it keeps my razors all looking nice and i believe it keeps them in top performing shape as well

Red Rider, AGHisBBS and Dzia Dzia like this.
  6. Gabe

Gabe Well-Known Member

Take out the blade and completely wipe down every part with a microfiber polishing cloth. This is after every shave. I use the same blade in a different razor the next day.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  7. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

After loading my brush, I wipe the remaining lather from the container, mix with a little water and use it to wash my face as a pre lather prep.
    BTW Big Cab: We suddenly lost our Grey last year at 24 years old. We hand fed her as a baby. We now have a bronze wing pionus.

AGHisBBS, JBSharp and BigCabDaddy like this.
  8. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Wait 15-30 min before applying aftershave. My face calms down a lot and the AS soothes more and sting is a lot less.

AGHisBBS and BigCabDaddy like this.
  9. 211bma

211bma Active Member

I wash my face with a Clairsonic in the shower, followed by a glycerin soap as a preshave.

AGHisBBS, BigCabDaddy and Robyflexx like this.
  10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Am I the only one who does the 'Hokey Pokey' while shaving?
    I mean, that's what its all about, right?

Joef, TheFiveO, AGHisBBS and 8 others like this.
  11. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear about your Grey. Losing one that early must be quite the unexpected shock. I'm going to start another "Big Bird" thread in answer to @RyX questions and so as not to hijack this one. Please join us there! (Birds of a feather and all that.)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  12. baldone

baldone Member

I keep a couple of the body scrubs in my shower and like to gently rub the head from time to time with a body scrub after a close head shave. It feels so good!

AGHisBBS and JBSharp like this.
  13. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I'd like to be able to say that but I woke up after an operation to repair my broken jaw and they had shaved my moustache off....:(

AGHisBBS likes this.
  14. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

I don't wash my face. To be clear, I always shave after a shower, and I lightly scrub my face with a washcloth, but I never use soap or a cleanser. I quit using soap because I feel that it dries my face, and I also thought it might help my rosacea if I let my facial skin self-regulate instead of stripping its natural oils every single day. It helped the dryness. Not so much the rosacea, but there's a cream for that. (Science!) I still like using less soap.

P.S. I only use soap in bendy crinkly areas, unless I actually need it for dirt (surfactant properties - soap science!)

AGHisBBS likes this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Your avatar implies you maybe a fireman. My respect to you, and all those who perform Public Service. My brother was a member of a volunteer fire department for twenty years.
    An indelicate question, did you sustain your injury on the job? Sorry to hear about your mustache.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  16. I use a DE for main shaving and offen I make a final pass with a SE.

AGHisBBS and BigCabDaddy like this.
  17. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I am and thank you. Cheers to your brother for his lengthy service.
    It wasnt a work related injury but rather a case of talking when I should have been listening as a 22 yr old.

18. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

I strop my blades before their first use on a pair of old jeans.

AGHisBBS and Robyflexx like this.
  19. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Apply shaving cream after my aftershave. Yep, just rub it into the skin. Barbasol with lanolin. Try it.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

I babysat a blue conure parrot a few times for multiple days. They go mostly wherever they want for the most part, but tend to hang out around their cage. Unfortunately the bird outlived the owner.

RyX and BigCabDaddy like this.