Chiseled Face

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by LuvWetShavin, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

I have Ghost Town Barber and Sherlock. Both are very good soaps in performance and aroma

2. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

I got my sample pack today, 8 scents. The only one I'm not sure of is midnight stag. Not that it's bad, just maybe not for me. Have to try it. Maybe on an evening date. The rest smell fantastic. Summer Storm is up tomorrow, then maybe Ghost Town Barber after that. Sherlock, Trade Winds, and Cedar and Spice by the weekend. Orange Creamsicle is discontinued, but smells good too. Cryogen may be too much for me, try it Menthol Monday.

clint64 and BigCabDaddy like this.
  3. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

I've learned I can't judge a scent at all until I use it. My first thought was I would hate Tabac, but it's now one of my very favorites.

4. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

I agree, that's why I am reserving judgement. Not only right after a shave, but later in the day too. We all have different natural scents, and these combine in mysterious ways. It may settle down and be wonderful. I did a could test sprits of the AS of summer storm, ghost town and trade winds. They all seem to agree with me.

clint64 and BigCabDaddy like this.
  5. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the soaps yet. I did however get a bottle of the trade winds AS. When I first opened the bottle I didn't care for it at all. But I tried some just to see what the performance hype was about. Well the hype was real! Great stuff. As for the scent, it totally changed when it hit my skin. I can't say it's my favorite scent but it's now close to the top. The sample of the gtb smells amazing. Need to order some of that soon. But I'm starting to accumulate way too much product right now.

gorgo2 and clint64 like this.
  6. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

I purchased the Ghost Town Barber, and the Cryogen soap. I LOVE the scents! I wound up picking up a bottle of ghost town barber A/S from Pastuer's Pharmacy in NYC. They carry the full line, so i get to smell them all before i buy them. I'm a lucky guy!!!!

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm more of an Aftershave man than a soap man, but I have two Chiseled Face aftershaves-Sherlock and Midnight Stag. Ghost Town Barber will be next.

Joef and gorgo2 like this.
  8. Paul Turner

you ARE a lucky guy!!! I should look around pharmacies myself.

9. Paul Turner

I have the Sherlock aftershave(and Midnight Stag, too). Great face feel(Haven't yet done the Stag, but I'm sure it's the same feel.)

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

I have the Sherlock now(and also Midnight Stag). I want Ghost Town Barber next)

Bobcat likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

folloew-up...I'm talkinabout the aftershaves.

12. Paul Turner

What's your take on Midnight Stag?(I have the aftershave, and also that of Sherlock).

13. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

I haven't sniffed it, but words like gasoline, motor oil and rubber in the description don't appeal to me at all. Just a matter of taste, I'm sure it's a quality product and I know other people who love it.

14. Paul Turner

accumulating way too much may soon be my problem, as well, but I have a solid lineup for now.

Joef likes this.
  15. Paul6506

Paul6506 Well-Known Member

I have Cedar & Spice After Shave......I used it twice this winter....It reminds me of Christmas trees or fresh cut wood.

gorgo2 likes this.
  16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I tried to love the Cryogen but it didn't work the way I hoped it would. :(

Robyflexx likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

wow.....what happened???

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Difficult to lather and not enough skincare. There's more to a shaving soap than just menthol!

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep. He's a great guy, too.

20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Now you have my attention.

Paul6506 likes this.