Last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fram773, May 7, 2014.

1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Have you watched the film? As in this version they have Gas Town...

2. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

SERAPHIM FALLS
    It was very good in spots; great cast and nicely photographed -- to me it seemed as if the movie couldn't make up its mind what it was trying to be.

It started out as a post civil war story about a vendetta for a war atrocity, and gradually turned into some strange, spiritual journey made by the two main characters. There were scenes that made me wonder are these two supposed to be hallucinating? Is this supposed to be a metaphor for life and acceptance?

I often enjoy a movie that makes me continue to think about it after it's over, but this was just an annoying puzzle -- maybe it IS a metaphor after all.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  3. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Which Godzilla was that? The Matthew Broderick one or the newer one?

4. Slow Joe

I agree. Sometimes the most enjoyable films are the ones that make you think about them days after you've seen them. Like night moves. A great film. When the ending comes it seems abrupt, but a little but of thinking afterwards and you realise you've been given all the information you need to know how this will end without being told. It's a brilliantly made film.
    But im not a fan of films where the ending offers little to no meaning at all and I'm left confused and a little annoyed.

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Not a movie but a series. I just finished watching Breaking Bad on Netflix. It's the first time I've ever binged watched anything before, now I'm moving on to Better call Saul, and House of Cards.

txskimo, Red Rider, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  6. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Frontier Days - Bill Cody (1934) - Posing as The Pinto Kid an undercover agent for Wells Fargo is sent to investigate stagecoach robberies. The Pinto Kid saves the day and all ends well.

I love the old 1930s "B Westerns".
    Frontier.jpg

7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Yeah, but do you see how many fuel inefficient vehicles they are driving all over the desert? All the gas in that tanker they are chasing after isn't enough to fillup all those vehicles. They make it look like it's tough to get a tanker truck past the raiders, who destroy every one they catch after stealing the gas. And that appears the only way the raiders get their gasoline.

8. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Logics aside, I really enjoyed Mad Max Fury Road. Loads of action and pretty girls - what's not to like? Haha

Red Rider, CyanideMetal and Slow Joe like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Just finished watching "Perfect Sense". I'm a big fan of post apocalyptic films.
    This was a tough story to enjoy. Makes you appreciate what you have.

I haven't read the rest of this thread. Any restrictions as to posting links?
    With the advent of broadband streaming I know why Blockbuster closed their shops. RedBox will go the way of pay phones soon.

10. Slow Joe

I totally agree. It's a enjoyable film to watch.

tuxxdk likes this.
  11. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

12. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Watched the Defiant Ones last night.
    Very good movie.

13. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Now theres a classic.

14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

The Big Short.

I thought it was well done and in a way that a simpleton can follow along.....

15. J Westley

J Westley Member

War Room
    It was a great movie!

ob1page likes this.
  16. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

upload_2016-2-13_22-28-58.png

I ran across this when looking for a reply to a post on the pun thread. I watched it tonite and it was pretty good. A bit formulaic, but not bad for a low budget movie. It also had the Gyro Captain from Mad Max 2 as an Australian mexican restaraunt owner.

17. Hairy Alaskan

Yesterday I watched Papillon and then Hooper.
    Hooper was actually a rather fun movie.

18. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

My wife bought me Spectre for Valentines day and then we watched The Night After. Both movies were pretty good and after dinner we'll be watching Sicario

19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Secret in their eyes

This is [yet another] Hollywood re-make of a successful foreign (to the US) movie.
    It's not bad - it just felt a bit 'flat' especially taking the great cast into consideration.
    I hear that the original movie is significantly better though.
    I'd give it a 6/10.
    [​IMG]

Hodge likes this.
  20. Hairy Alaskan

Cool Hand Luke - Always a good watch

Home - Meh. Can't get over the annoying guy from the terrible Big Band Theory show. My kids love this movie though but they don't know better.