Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I lived near 610/San Felipe in Houston in the late nineties. I miss green grass in February sometimes.

BamaT and Erik Redd like this.
  2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Yeah, I'll probably be complaining in July and August but winter weather isn't too bad in Houston.
    upload_2016-2-11_5-35-6.png

Bama Samurai likes this.
  3. Erik Redd

IMG_0553.JPG

Received my new Falcon and three Hunter bowls today. I started the break-in with a half bowl of Smoker's Pride Mellow in each bowl. I'll continue with a tin of OGS probably tomorrow. The first half bowl in each was a bit rough, but things should improve from here on.

BamaT, Keithmax, Bama Samurai and 2 others like this.
  4. Alejandro S

Alejandro S Active Member

uploadfromtaptalk1455283312739.jpg

An old peterson with some peretti 432 today.

I've always thought poorly of aros (like flavored cigars!) but I like this one

Bama Samurai, BamaT, dbersh and 3 others like this.
  5. Erik Redd

IMG_0555.JPG

OGS in the Pioneer Meerschaum.

6. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

image.jpeg

PS Bullseye coin in a Neerup Poker

7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Carter Hall - have many people here tried it, and if so, did you like it? For me, it starts out really good, mildly sweet from the Virginia, slight nuttiness from the burley, and a nice casing, chocolate/molasses lightly applied. But the bottom half of the bowl, not so much. It turns bland, then gets a little bitter. I've tried it in a cob, taller bowl, and a larger wider bowl.

I've given some thought to buying a tub of P&C's version, but not sure anymore. Probably too many good burleys out there, if I want to dabble further in them, to spend any more money on this or it's clone, although I think the P&C version might be better.

Bama Samurai, Erik Redd and trey06dmd like this.
  8. Erik Redd

I've never tried Carter Hall, I haven't found it at the local grocery stores or drugstores. Of course the only drugstores nearby are Walgreens and CVS, and CVS doesn't carry any tobacco products. I does sound like it's one of those iconic brands I'll have to try sometime though.

Bama Samurai and BamaT like this.
  9. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

I find CH best in my MM cobs. It's my go to setup when puttering in garage or working in the yard. I'll mix it with 5 brothers for when I feel I need a good nic hit.

Bama Samurai, Erik Redd and BamaT like this.
  10. Erik Redd

I've been breaking in the new Falcon bowls, but this evening I had PS #17 English Luxury in a MM Country Gentleman followed by Peterson Irish Oak in a MM Mark Twain. The Irish Oak was pretty good tonite, maybe because I was relaxed and smoked slowly while sitting next to the firepit, or maybe because I was sipping bourbon also. I nice relaxing evening.

11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

12. Erik Redd

Nice pic, Peterson, Stanwell and Dunhill all together. Nice tamper also, I can't make out the manufacturer but I bet it's not one of the other three.

I need to get a tray like that.:signs021:

Bama Samurai, BamaT and trey06dmd like this.
  13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I want the ashtray in the tamper in Korea. I'm not sure what brand it is.

BamaT and Erik Redd like this.
  14. Erik Redd

IMG_0556.JPG

A couple of bowls of OGS in my new Falcon bowls this morning with coffee while reading the newspaper. I've had a bout 4 smokes in the new bowls, and they are getting pretty good, the first couple of smokes in each was a bit rough.

I prefer the natural aluminum stem finish to the anodized brown. The brown is a bit prettier, but it's easier to see the humidome is clean with the natural aluminum finish. I've read you can use the dry rings for four smokes, but they get so nasty after one that I don't believe it.

15. Erik Redd

Davidoff Royalty in a Lorenzo Lovat for an evening smoke. The Royalty is a very soft tasting english blend with light latakia. I don't know if I will order any more, there are some Stokkebye blends I like better at lower prices, but I recommend it to anyone who wants to try an english blend for the first time.

16. Erik Redd

Lane 1-Q in a Chacom Lovat this evening.

Keithmax, Bama Samurai and trey06dmd like this.
  17. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Hey guys haven't been over here in a while. Hope everyone is enjoying their smokes.

I have a question for you guys, trying to figure if I got beat real bad. I picked up 8 shell briar dunhills, 1 bruyere dunhills, 4 stanwell , a neerup singe, Brigham, posella and a his pipe. I paid $500 at the store for all and a nice pipe stand. Did I get beat?

Pic in next post.

Bama Samurai and Erik Redd like this.
  18. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

19. Erik Redd

That works out to about $30 a pipe, which seems pretty good to me if you want that many pipes. It makes me feel better though, I've been planning to get a meerschaum bowl for my Falcon and pulled the trigger on this.
    upload_2016-2-17_18-32-47.png

About $87 with shipping (doesn't include lighter) which is just a bit more than a new meerschaum bowl if you can find them in stock. I was having a bit of buyer's remorse, but I feel better now.

20. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hey Gents,

i had a very tasty pipe today. I opened my Stanwell Vanilla for the first time. Man, what a nice scent. I smoked it in my Vauen Duke 4342N. Love this pipe because of the shape, the colour and the bit.

[​IMG]

Want to buy Dunhill Early Morning Pipe and Dunhill Nightcap these days to see how these are. My Problem is, i want to try some other brands, which are only available here in the US. Hearth & Home Viprati and the Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding.

I donĀ“t think there is a way to get these two on the regular way,or? Do you think, that there is a chance to get these in general without doing something wrong? :signs002:

Greetings
    Thorsten