Is my adjustable super?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by VetsJetsnGuns, May 31, 2008.

1. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

I've got a long handle adjustable and I was just wondering if it qualifies as 'super' or not. The date code is P1. It has the black handle.

I can come up with pics in a few days if necessary...

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sounds like it is super to me.

But we should probably wait for the panel of experts to chime in. ;)

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Yuhp. Super.

4. Automaton-Tim

Automaton-Tim New Member

it's souper duper!

5. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

I bought this long handled razor on ebay a few days ago. I'm pretty sure it's a Super Adjustable. Does yours look like this?

[​IMG]

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

yep, if it is Gillette, has a black handle and is adjustable, it is a super adjustable. Nice score!

7. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

I was told Super Adjustables are the black long-handled ones while the black short-handled ones are called Black Slim Adjustables. I don't know if Super means black or long or both.

[​IMG]

Out of more than 60 Gillettes I tried, a Super set on 8 is one of three razors that consistently gives me a BBS shave.

[​IMG]

Richard

8. VetsJetsnGuns

yep- mine is a long handle black adjustable. ergo, super.

has anyone tried using india ink to keep the numbers black?

9. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Nope. I watched a show where they filled the numbers with ink or paint or something and than scraped/wiped the rest away and just left the numbers filled in. It could be worth a try. I love the super adjustable! The long handled one is my ultimate razor. I have a few other favorites but thats right up there with one of the closest, smoothest, irritation free shaves around.

10. sturgeon

sturgeon Member

My super adjustable is my BEST razor. I started out with a Merkur HD. But then I talked my Dad out of his SA, which he doesn't use anymore. Never looked back. My new thing is a shavette when I get time and an injector when I don't. I'm really starting to like these SE razors!

Tim

11. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Tim!

Don't forget to sign up for the Newbie Give-Away! :happy088

12. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Use regular black enamel (like plastic model paint) with a fine brush, and just quickly wipe any over-paint from the surrounding surface of the numbers. Works like a charm.

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

That's a great idea!! I am going to have to buy some paints one of these days and touch mine up :D

Thanks!

14. VetsJetsnGuns

I'm gonna give that a shot, too.

15. Pauldog

Pauldog New Member

There's also a shorter black handle Gillette adjustable, and I don't think there's the word "Super" in its official full name.

16. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

it definitely sounds like a super.