ראש השנה‎ Rosh Hashanah 5778

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Yehuda D, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I want to wish everyone here of the Jewish faith a Happy New Year. May this be a good, sweet, healthy, successful year and may there be peace in the Middle East and everywhere else worldwide.

Shanah Tovah u Metukah!

This You Tube video shows some of the "Selihot" (prayers for forgiveness) which we recite in the synagogue during the High Holidays. Although I'm from Israeli of Ashkenazic Russian Jewish ancestry, I was educated in the Sephardic Jewish liturgy which my wife, and her family who are Israeli, but of Moroccan Jewish ancestry would follow. This video is typically Sephardic and I think the melody is so beautiful. Last year a friend of mine who's Greek wanted to come to the synagogue to hear the Rosh Hashanah service and I brought him with me. He was most fascinated.

sdguero, Tdmsu, jimjo1031 and 2 others like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

A Happy New Year to you! I'm not Jewish, but love the Jewish heritage.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

sdguero and Yehuda D like this.
  3. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

L'shanahtovah tikatev v'taihatem.

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Jeff-

Happy New Year! May G-d pour his blessing upon your home.

5. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Happy New Year!!

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Happy New Year brother! Let love conquer all.

7. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Shanah Tovah!

Yehuda D and sdguero like this.
  8. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Happy New Year to you as well, Jeff. I'm not Jewish, but I thank you for including all of us in your message to others. :)

Dan

Yehuda D likes this.
  9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Happy new year to all of my Shave Den friends. The services were meaningful to me, and had me thinking about the shofar as it relates to time. In it, I saw past, present and future. The past is in the knowledge that it has been played for countless eons. It’s present was with all who had the privilege of playing one on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. The future, for me, is the little girls who have seen women playing them, and now know that this joy is open to them.

MR41, lightcs1776 and sdguero like this.