1/1 or 3/1

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Vito36, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Vito36

Vito36 New Member

Hello ,

I am looking at upgrading my current Roney 3/1 in pure badger for something in silvertip. I came across a new 1/1 for a cheaper price than the 3/1 (almost 15 cheaper) and wanted to know if I should just stay with the 3/1 or go for a 1/1 and save the extra coin ? For info, I do face lather and tend to use creams as well as soaps , but I do need something that will work good for harder stuff like Cella. while I do love the handle of the 3/1, I have never held a 1/1 so I'm not sure of the difference. What is your preference?

2. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

They're both great brushes. My example of the 3/1 super has a slightly longer loft and works better with creams. They both perform admirably with hard soaps.
    Pick which handle you like best and go for it.

3. Vito36

Vito36 New Member

Truth be told I have no issues what so ever with my 3/1 but as noted the 1/1 I can get for 15 cheaper in super. I'm indecisive...

4. Justin Low

Justin Low Member

I have a 3/1 Super, and although I initially found it rather rough, it has "broken in", and is now regularly part of my rotation.

I believe the 1/1 Super should be quite close in specifications. If you do decide to get it, give it some time first.

5. BlueBloodKiller

BlueBloodKiller New Member

I don't have either though i have the same 3/1 in Pure just like you.... but it seems that the 1/1 and 3/1 has the same loft at 48mm.

Whihc boils down to the handle: are you a Stubby-seeker or you like them the way you have been accustomed to.

6. akhorosh

akhorosh New Member

I have both brushes and I like 1/1 a little bit better.