$1 shipping *DONE*

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Dewaine, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

ONE DOLLAR ALL ELECTRIC SHOPPING

For 5 days only One Dollar gets you anything in our inventory shipped throughout the 50 states via Priority Mail and, and if your order is over $99, you can even keep that buck for Starbucks !

What a deal ! Good through midnight, Sunday, August 9th .
    Just enter the code COUPON CODE : $DEAL at checkout to activate this offer.
    We’re doing our part in the new-energy economy. Won’t you join us?!

To receive this discount use the
    Coupon Code:

$DEAL

orders over $30.00

COUPON CODE: $DEAL

sales@barclaycrocker.com

www.barclaycrocker.com
    email : sales@barclaycrocker.com

***FEEL FREE TO PASS ON THIS SPECIAL OFFER TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS***

2. rickboone

rickboone Member

Is there a way to delete expired posts such as this?

On the moderator end of course...

It does us no good being here. The sale is over. Just sayin'. If not, I won't lose very much sleep. :eek:

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    People don't tend to like it when their posts get deleted. and stuff.

4. gone down south

gone down south New Member

These threads disappear pretty quickly.... unless someone bumps them up :)

5. rickboone

rickboone Member

Well, people can get over it.

I'm saying like for posts, such as this one and for those contests and such...anything with an expiration date.

Sale for 5 days only

Or, a Classified ad that has been fulfilled.

There's really no reason to keep them. Sorry if you don't feel the same way, I just see it as well...useless.

When browsing the forum you open a classified FS ad to find out it's been sold. Pointless.

Yes, some put COMPLETED or SOLD on the thread title as an update, but that just gives us more to sort through that really isn't needed. I mean, if someone bought it, why then does it still need to be up there?

I'm not talking about deleting posts just for the heck of it. For a reason...they've expired. They contain no useful information. Knowing a sale happened in '94 or that polecatbob sold timray his Merkur HD for $392 is not beneficial to well...anyone.

That's my point.

If it cannot be done, that is fine. Just curious really, as I see a benefit in this for easier and faster browsing through the forums as well as cleanliness.

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Old Classifieds ads are useful. Say you want to sell a razor. Pulling a price out of the air, or from Ebay, isn't going to do you much good. But those old Classifieds ads are.

Unfinished Classifieds ads tend to get bumped to the top if the seller is still actively looking to sell the item. There's really no need to go digging through the Classifieds.

What you consider useful and what others consider useful may well be two different things. :)

Also, keep in mind the moderators have jobs and families. Dredging through and researching, old posts to delete expired ones? Not exactly top priority.

7. rickboone

rickboone Member

Well, with all the money you're making moderating this gig, you'd be all over it. :happy102

True, I suppose it does have useful information in that aspect. Taking all that into consideration, would an archived section prove better suitable and more easy to work?

Thanks for clarification.

8. suprchunk

suprchunk New Member

I say lock the threads so people can't bump them back to the top. Keeps them in the archive for future reference and makes it sink to the bottom so people don't have to see them mixed in with the new.

9. rickboone

rickboone Member

+1 or something