10 of my most favorite soaps.

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by crackstar, Aug 14, 2011.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Again, I needed a lot of time to think it over for 2 reasons. First of all, I am so loaded with shaving soaps and creams, and second of all, I tend to use more creams, however I did the best to give you folks an idea of my soap preferences. Let's start with:

1) Irisch Moos stick: My number 1 choice. Smells fresh and clean, lathers like crazy, and performs super.

2) Palmolive stick: Cheap as dirt, and a reliable latherer, smells quite nice, and works real good.

3) De Vergulde Hand bowl or stick: Love the scent, lather, and everything else about it.

4) Arko stick: Hey, how can you not love the performance of this stuff? Scent is good, and everything else about it. Also so eapchay! (Cheap)

5) Tabac stick: Awesome lather, skincare, and classy Tabac scent.

6) La Toja stick: Classy, clean scent, and such a pleasure to work with.

7) Erasmic bowl: Old school barbershop scent and awesome lather and skincare. Great stuff.

8) Golddachs Spezial: Pricey soap, but well worth it. Super lather and scent, great clean feeling after a shave.

9) Proraso White bowl: Now I cannot be without this soap. It's so full of rich lather, I love the scent, and it makes my skin feel like it's born again.

10) Klar Kabinett: An immense amount of lather with a nice scent. Honest performance every time.

Again, there are other soaps I perhaps missed out on, but these were my first thoughts. :)

Mechguy and Sailinblues like this.
  2. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

lol, I thought I had gone nuts! But this is a soap thread this time.

Where's The Fat? :angry017: I love the way MWF makes my skin feel but I understand being temperamental can make it drop off a favorite list. No Speick either Jeff? Have you gone mad sir? :biggrin:

crackstar likes this.
  3. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Nice list of shave creams. You have the knack finding some the most unusal products. I sure would know your secert.

crackstar likes this.
  4. crackstar

I must to admit I cannot use the Fat. It irritates me badly. You're right about the Speick stick, and I forgot to mention JoAnna's Iced Subzero soap. It's brilliant!

5. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

Hey there is the proraso white I was looking for in the top ten cream list.

crackstar likes this.
  6. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I second the La Toja stick, as it's quickly becoming one of my favorite soaps. It lathers so quickly and is thick, rich, creamy and slick.

crackstar likes this.
  7. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

ah very interesting :). Thanks for posting these. Gave me some good ideas to add to my list of gear to try out :)

crackstar likes this.
  8. Asd

Asd Well-Known Member

I'll copy that to my shopping list, as I tried numbers 2 and 3 only for now. The only thing is I have to get some more courage to broad up my collection. Again...

crackstar likes this.
  9. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Well lets see here.

• MWF
    • Trumpers Almond
    • C&E Sandalwood
    • P160 Tipo Duro
    • Valobra Stick
    • Palmolive Stick
    • Mama Bears Mandarin Ice
    • Tabac
    • Trumpers Violet
    • VDH
    Ask me in a month and that order will probably change, again. :happy093:

One thing that never changes, and MWF just got added to this list, P160, Valobra and now MWF seem to be the best for my face as far as after care.

crackstar likes this.
  10. neanderthal

neanderthal Member

I agree with what is above, however I do not feel D. R. Harris Arlington should be left off this list. Make it a top eleven!

crackstar likes this.
  11. crackstar

I don't care for that soap. The cream to me is nicer, and the Arlington cologne is really nice.

12. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

WOW. I just shaved with kent shaving cream... I think it beat everything I have ever tried yet... except the price tag.

I know its not a soap... but if I had to use one thing it would be that... great menthol kick. Right now my face feels like a baby's bottom... a nice dry not bad smelly baby's bum.

crackstar likes this.
  13. crackstar

Very well-explained - beautiful! :happy096:

14. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

thank you. thank you very much. I really want to try me some Irish Moos... Think that will be my next soap. Then maybe La Toja.

crackstar likes this.
  15. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Yep, great menthol cream! :happy088: Like you the only thing negative I could say about it is the price.

crackstar likes this.
  16. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I don't mind Harris soaps, I'm just no overly enthusiastic about them, I use my Lavender from time to time.

crackstar likes this.