11 Razors for sale need money for dental work n bday present

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Flanny, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Flanny

Flanny Member

I have 11 razors for sale. I need to scrape up some money for wife's dental work and my daughters birthday present.

I have pictures with info in the descriptions at photobucket:

http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k421/glenpc/Razors/

Please read the descriptions carefully, they contain detailed information including imperfections, etc.

I can try to take better pictures if needed but these were taken by someone with a better camera than I have.

I'm pasting all the razor info below also. thanks for looking. Please buy.

1)6807-6808
    Olympia – H. Gambert, NY, circa 1900’s
    made in Germany
    5/8 plus
    celluloid handle
    Known imperfections:
    some minor tarnish or water marks, and minor pitting in some places. Some Flaking on scales
    condition: fair
    Claims made by original collector:
    1.1)rare
    1.2)These razors were made for and distributed to members of “the USS Olympia” (*edit* probably false, probably Olympia brewery)
    *SOLD*

2)6810-6811
    Solingen – Weyer, circa 1950-1960
    Made in Germany
    5/8 plus
    souvenir of munich, etched blade, gold washed
    “Saturday” blade
    celluloid, fake ivory
    Triple pin
    Known imperfections:
    scales yellowed on either end, light buffing, some light “buffing” marks on blade
    Conditon: good
    *SOLD*

3)6812-6813
    Baughmans No 49, Akron OH, circa 1910-1930
    made in Germany
    5/8
    celluloid scales with decorative metal endaps
    Known Imperfections:
    very light water marks and/or buffing marks on blade.
    Conditon: Good
    Claims by original collector
    3.1)Rare
    3.2)Limited run forged in early 1900’s (1910 to 1930) for Baughman’s company of Akron Ohio which existed around that time (existence of company verified through an historian group local to Akron, forging specifics unverified

65 dollars plus s&h

4)6814-6815
    Wade & Butcher with Original logo, circa 1820-1890
    5/8
    Blade Etched “The original and only genuine bow razor manufactured exclusively by Wade & Butcher Sheffield England
    Bakelite scales
    Known Imperfections:
    Tarnish spots mostly on Tang but a few on blade, buffing and cleaning marks on blade, some scale discoloration near pivot, 2 slight gouge marks on one scale near pivot.
    Condition: fair
    *SOLD*

5)6816-6817
    Royal Blue detail razor, Koken Barber supply , St louis Mo, circa 1890-1920
    4/8
    celluloid scales
    Known Imperfections:
    very minor tarnish marks in a few spots
    Condition: good
    *SOLD*

6)6818/6821
    “Trade mark”, Hart Cutlery, union town, NY, circa 1890-1910
    5/8 plus
    molded celluloid scales
    Single pin, “Scale molded wedge”
    Known imperfections:
    Tarnish in several spots, uphoning on tip, buffing marks on blade
    condition: fair

30 dollars plus plus s&h

7)6825-6826
    CV Heljestrand, Eskilstuna Sweden, circa 1860 – 1920
    11/16
    Wedge with metal lift on spine.
    Bone scales
    Known Imperfections:
    minor to moderate pitting on both sides of tang, minor pitting on several places on the blade.
    Condition: fair to good
    *SOLD*

8)6830-6831
    Gilbert Sweet & Lyon, New York, circa 1880’s
    6/8
    Etched blade, diamond spine, ribbed tang thick hollow ground.
    bone scales
    known imperfections:
    loose pivot pin, “flake” marks on one scale near pivot pin.
    Condition: Good
    Claims of original collector
    1.very rare (verified by the collector in his collectors books)
    2.average sale value over 150 dollars (verified by the collector in his collectors books)
    3.made in the 1800’s for GS&L plane makers with their logo etched in the blade

130 plus s&h

9)6832-6833
    Geneva cutlery, Geneva Ny, circa 1900-1925
    5/8 plus
    Bakelite scales
    Known imperfections:
    water marks, minor pitting, tang wear near pivot.
    Condition: fair to good
    *SOLD*

10)6838-6839
    Magnetic steel, Solingen, date unknown
    made in Germany
    7/8
    ribbed tang
    Bakelite scales
    Known imperfections:
    buffing marks on blade in several spots, 2 spots with minor pitting.
    Condition: Good

75 dollars plus s&h

11) 6840-6841
    The barber’s delight, date unknown
    6/8 plus
    hammered blackened tang still with blackening
    celluloid scales
    known imperfections:
    light buff marks when wiggled in the light, light tarnish residue
    condition: Good
    *SOLD*

http://ww.thebagladyonline.net
    http://www.jugglingforjoy.com
    Edit/Delete Message

2. Flanny

Flanny Member

The W&B sold and the swedish razor is pending.

3. Flanny

Flanny Member

The Olympia razor has sold

4. Flanny

Flanny Member

CV Heljestrand razor has sold

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Glen!

I thought you didn't love us anymore.

Sorry to hear about the dental bills. Hope everything works out.

6. Flanny

Flanny Member

You don't love me, remember? Something about how I braided my armpit hair if I remember correctly. :eek:

7. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Thats not cool Glen. Only braid the arm and leg hair!

8. Flanny

Flanny Member

I braid my nose hair too :p

9. Will

Will Nevermind

Yes, that was before the "How's Your Day" crew came on over. They all braid somthin' :eek:

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I heard that..notice I did not dispute that.:eek:

11. Flanny

Flanny Member

By the way, how's your day?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

12. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Oef Good luck with the Dental Bills Glen , I know from first hand how nasty they can become. I paid 1500€ a few weeks ago for just a re-work on a Root Canal job that was done badly in Prague. from this 1500 € ill only get back about 500€ or so. the money left over from the bill is their WELNESS tarif for being a private clinic. and my insurance will never accept that tarif.

I have a reversed Bite which means a long hard road ahead of me I also need to pay for the ortho guy who is ready to install the brace that too has extra costs but mostly coverd by my insurance. when that is done the doctor cuts my upper Jaw in pieces and takes a piece of bone from my Rib and fixes the bite. oh and a minor note while im knocked out for the jaw operation he will take out 4 wisdom teeth 1 even under the gums growing in the wrong direction ! thats the only good news here that i wont be awake for the wisdom teeth job which you normal are with just some anesthetic we smartly combine it.

13. Flanny

Flanny Member

wow that is expensive.

I'm just glad the dental isn't costing more than 600 u.s. The razors won't cover it but it will cut down the costs if I can get them sold.

We don't have insurance and the u.s. doesn't have help for folks in situations like we are. I've looked at private insurances but they're several hundred a month if I want to get anything that will cover things. If I could get a consistent enough income I'd set aside several hundred into an account for these things so I'd have the cash when I needed.

14. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

yes its very expensive I had to control myself afterwards sitting in the car not to BANG my head why I went thru a private clinic instead of just the public Dental system which is coverd 100% by my insurance.

Teeth are just very important to me its an overal apearance that gives you just the edge of getting that new job or not thats one and 2nd them being a private Clinic to give you an example I wanted this rootcanal done so I could fit 2 weeks later the brace. they could help me the same week I rang them up. going thru public channels you;d have to wait 4-5 weeks or so . they also took out all dental buildup so the teeth are clean to receive the brace.
    they used some High pressure Salt system to go inbetween the narrow spots that I have never even seen in Prague ! and to give you an example how bad it was done in Prague I paid for that root canal about 800€ and they used and OLD rootcanal system that shouldnt be used anymore thats one and 2nd the roots werent cleaned DEEP enough. this all happened in 2006 januari I left Prague with haste to return to my job and had a temp. filling in. that was gone in mid 2007 so I had been walking with an open tooth again for over a year. they used Chloric pressure water to kill all bacteria that had been going in there again... I can tell you its a blessing to be able to chew again with both sides ! I just have very bad experiences with public Dentists im sure there are a few who know what they are doing.

your a GOOD man to take care of your wife's teeth

15. Flanny

Flanny Member

She's prettier than me (hard to believe I know, but true) So I figure it's worth it ;)

I lost some of my teeth and had a partial made. while we were living in camp grounds looking for a home one of my dogs got into the camper and decided she liked the smell or taste of efferdent and took my case, partial and all. We never did find them. I've been holding off on them because they want "estimated" 800 for a new partial at the drive thru denture store and something is always coming up that I feel is more important than my looks. But I can see the difference in how people treat me when I'm not careful and they see the missing teeth.

It's not just self consciousness, people treat a person differently when the person has bad/missing teeth. Unfair but it's life.

16. JimR

JimR Active Member

Egads, I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you guys are having with dentistry...

Man oh man am I glad I live in Japan. It cost me $8 to have my teeth cleaned, a cavity drilled out and a newfangled white epoxy filling put it...which I could watch on the crazy video overhead display that the doctor has...

Universal healthcare, it's a beautiful thing.

17. Flanny

Flanny Member

Royal Blue, Geneva, Solingen-Weyer all sold.

18. Flanny

Flanny Member

Barber's delight sold