1910 shaving dresser

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by JPJ, Oct 9, 2014.

1. JPJ

JPJ Active Member

On Craigs list .... 15 min away... Anyone have anything like this? How's the price? Thanks!

image.jpg

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

If you have the space, that looks like it would make an "ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC" shave den!! :happy088:

GDCarrington and BigMark like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    You would need a basin and pitcher to go with that. Pretty cool. This probably goes back before indoor plumbing I would guess.

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

That's what I was thinking. Nostalgic piece, but not the most practical for shaving—but makes a nice bureau of drawers.

5. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

SNATCH THAT UP NOW!

6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

gotta have someplace to store all your razors, blades, soaps, creams, aftershaves...

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It looks nice, though the picture is blurry. Can you see it in person before buying? If it's in pretty good shape, (even with need of minor repairs) that's a good price. But if that blurry pic is hiding major flaws, maybe not.

8. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

My only question is why you don't own it yet.

9. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Looks a lot like the one my wife uses as her dresser. We got it from her grandpa.

10. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I'd say get it and find a use for it.

11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey with the classic Pitcher and bowl....and maybe a 'Lather Catcher, where you only need to rinse the razor once for each side of your face...lol....I know I'd dig it....

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Just think about the history that must lie behind that - Blows my mind

13. That's pretty sweet. I want a shaving stool, not lazy, me and standing, walking etc. don't get along.

14. FlightMedic

FlightMedic Well-Known Member

Make it yours. Then if you don't like its condition sand it down and refinish it in whatever stain you like. They just don't make heavy furniture like they used to.