1950s Super Speed

Discussion in 'Safety Razor Reviews' started by jbcohen, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Got one of these to give to my pop for his birthday, now I got to have one for my own den. Got one for my own den a little while ago. Man this is a great one.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

I think you goofed the review. Did you mean to put numbers up?

What is the Date code? Looks like a 40's model ;)

3. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

End of the 40's style, early 50's model.:D
    This style ran from 1947-50-51 or so.

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww, what a razor!

I love this razor so much--it was a gift, from one of the nicest guys in this Group you could possibly meet. It is such an easy razor to use, and the gentleness and comfort is perfect to my sensitive skin, no matter what blade is in it, but it does a great job of knocking off my rough beard stubble! :)

5. Gibbs

Gibbs Member

Birth Year

Bought this on ebay as it is a Y 2 code, or 2nd quarter of 1953. I was born in June of 1953. So it was intersting to get not a good shave but a great shave from a razor that is 58 years old. I found it to be not as aggressive as some, and that might be the best part for someone trying out a DE for the first time. I like the Twist To Open style over the 3 piece design. The grip is great and overall the razor is still a wonderful shaver.

6. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

In the past I have shaved with the 1960's era superspeed with the flared tip. Today I bought 2 1950's era superspeeds with the flared tip normal chrome for six bucks plus tax. The only difference I can see between these and the 60's era is in the configuration of the tip. I was wondering if there is a major difference in the performance itself? I used to think the more aggressive the better, but I have reached my upper limits of razor/blade/gap/aggression with the Yuma razors and some dastardly 6 bladed cartridge system made by Pace/Dorco. Time for me to tone it down a little bit and go back to the basics.