1960s Gillette BADGER brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 9, 2012.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

The Gillette brushes from the 1910s on through the 1960s have been all boar hair - or so I thought.

I won this New-In-Box with instructions Gillette Badger hair brush today on eBay UK. Really neat to see Gillette sold nicer brushes and sold them separately from razor sets.

Once I have it in my hands, I'll post pics. For now, the seller's only pic...

1960sGilletteBadgerHairBrush.jpg

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent! More details upon arrival. Be sure to provide some knot and loft specs along with how it feels. Thanks!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  3. IAmTheJody

Really? You should know me by now. This won't get used. It's the only one I've ever seen. It's going in the display case. :drool:

Well, maybe just once. Maybe. ;)

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Just rub with the hand. That does not constitute use. You know me and how I work around such matters! :D

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Nice find! Man, your a busy guy, lol. Be looking forward to a good pic.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  6. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Well..there's usin' brushes and then there's lookin' brushes..that there's a lookin' brush...

IAmTheJody likes this.
  7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    There was one in the travel box 2012. Of course it was beyond dead. The Gillette lettering on the side was almost gone and the knot was dead. I wish I'd really checked to see if it was boar or badger. I just assumed it was boar. I put a new(er) boar knot in it and loaded the handle with pennies before I epoxied the whole kit together. I should have used a badger knot...if I'd only known.:angry017:

I just checked the trashcan. It was a boar knot.;)

GDCarrington and IAmTheJody like this.
  8. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Nice, Jody. Can't wait to hear how it is in person.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  9. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Nice score there Jody (I knew I should of bid on it LOL). Only joking if I got a nice badger I would want to use it.:).

IAmTheJody likes this.
  10. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Jody, great find and great score.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  11. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

Nice score mate - congrats!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  12. newb

newb Resident Newb

nice score,,,,,,,, again.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  13. IAmTheJody

This rare and beautiful brush finally arrived yesterday. Enjoy the pictures...

1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush03.jpg

1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush01.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush02.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush04.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush05.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush06.jpg

1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush07.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush08.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush09.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush10.jpg

GDCarrington, Hanzo, tomnat and 2 others like this.
  14. IAmTheJody

More pictures...

1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush11.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush12.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush13.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush14.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush15.jpg

1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush16.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush17.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush18.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush19.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush20.jpg

tomnat, wlmcad and alpla444 like this.
  15. IAmTheJody

Final pictures...

1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush21.jpg 1960sBritishGilletteBadgerBrush22.jpg

tomnat, wlmcad and alpla444 like this.
  16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Now that is a really impressive item. Where have these guys been hiding all these years? Glad to see our collector par excellence has been able to score this great brush -- with its historical significance. Thanks Jody! We area all benefiting from your research and efforts.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Very stately!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  18. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

That's a beauty! Great handle!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  19. PadreTex

PadreTex Well-Known Member

Isn't that something!