1st Annual Straight Razor/Wet Shaving Convention

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Scorpio, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Earlier today Lynn, Founder of SRP, announced that the site for the first convention is going to be Chicago. There will a number of rooms blocked for guests, vendors, presenters and get togethers. This is all the information available as of this time. I will provide more details as they become available. No date has been set but it will take place this year. Shaving forums are welcome to co-sponsor the event.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Raf

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

This is from a post at B&B and SRP By Lynn:

Looks like we are set to have this super event on Saturday 10/20 at the Hampton Inn Chicago River North in downtown Chicago. All vendors are welcome to contact me or Charlie Larman to get signed up. We're working on getting a link for you to get rooms. I'll probably hang out Friday night and the leave after brunch Sunday. We will be having presentations, vendor displays and hopefully some shaving and honing demonstrations and assistance. All other forums are welcome to participate with us and enjoy this event. Feel free to let us know what you would like to see or hear about as well.

Start making your plans now.

Special thanks to Charlie Larman for his help on this project!!!!

Lynn

3. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Anybody (Joe) :D able to comment on how good the public transit is from O'Hare to downtown where the hotel is? I'm cheap and am building a budget to see if I can afford this trip.

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

FYI...as of today, there is a post over at SRP that this event was cancelled. There seemed to be a big problem with scheduling rooms and convention space. Unfortunately one of the mods over at SRP resigned because of it.

Lynn is now looking at next spring.

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Seems to be a bit of drama in the thread as well....its a shame. I hope i can go next year.

6. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

No! oh, that is a shame! I was really looking forward to this!

7. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

No eatin' at Charlie Trotter's in my near future...dangnabit