2 Band vs 3 Band Badger

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Tiredricefarmer, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

I don't own a badger brush but have found one that has a 3 band knot with a nostalgic/old school looking wood handle that I'm really interested in. Besides the obvious, what's the difference between 2 band and 3 band badger knots?

Jayaruh and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I would expect a little more backbone from a 2 band than a 3 band and possibly a little less bloom with 2 vs 3 band. There are alot of variation in knots of the same type between different makers (loft, density, etc.) so all generalizations are bad including this one.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Just get the brush and try it out. You can always change out the knot if you find it too floppy or scritchy or whatever may displease you. I would love to see a picture of said brush.

JazzDoc likes this.
  4. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

I IMG_0082.JPG
    To me this is simple and classic. It's white oak and I love the color. It would look good next to my sink. Sorry for the blur, had to photo shop it

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Enrico and Keithmax like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's for badger networking. Three band badger get better signal than two band. :lam: :happy097:

6. JazzDoc

JazzDoc Well-Known Member

Jayaruh, if you do that then all the money you spent on the brush went to the handle and you still need a new knot, no?

Jayaruh likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Only if he dislikes the 3 band and changes it to a 2 band. Chances are, he will like the 3 band. If he likes the handle and likes the looks of the 3 band it is a good opportunity to try it out. If he likes it, hurray! If he doesn't, he still likes the handle and knots can be changed.

JazzDoc, PickledNorthern and Enrico like this.