2 Mastiffs

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Mama Bear, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

I have apparantly aquired a girlfriend for Tank. I wasn't looking for this, but a friend who took in an abused Mastiff no longer wants her. She adores me and Tank adores her... but I am not so sure how she feels about Tank yet.. I just hope he can learn to leave her alone from time to time.

It is odd to think there are 350 lbs of dogs running around here and it is only two of them. Moosie (the new girl) was a runt and only weighs 135 lbs... Tank has almost 100 lbs on her and is currently following her everywhere.

I have 10 acres and a big fenced yard, so I have room for them.. but man, this is a lot of dog... ::

Attached Files:

2. sysiphus

sysiphus Member

My goodness! That is a lot of canine! I thought my Rhodesian was big at almost 100 lbs!

3. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

Just be glad you have room for dogs. I live in an apartament and have no room. Technically I could have a dog, but I just don't feel right having one with no yard. Small dogs are out. Don't want a dog that a squirrel can beat up!:rofl

Beautiful dogs by the way Sue! Tank is...well...a tank. :D

4. Will

Will Nevermind

I have a Beagle, JRT mix and it can take a squirrel out. :rofl

5. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Tank, lovable lug that he is, probably wouldn't stand a chance against a squirrel.. the squirrel would run circles around him and Tank would just lay down and pant...and probably wonder why the squirrel wasn't rubbing his belly...:o

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

They send dachshunds into badger holes don't they? :D

7. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Somehow in only a few days both Tank and I have fallen in love with Moosie.. she is such a tiny little thing at 135 lbs... and I never thought words like that would come out of my mouth. Compared to Tank she is like a little guinea pig tho...

Moosie is now officially a family member.. I don't think we could give her up for anything... and yes, she can take a squirrel... God Help the Squirrels.... :D

Attached Files:

8. Edcculus

I didn't think I'd ever hear someone say that about a 135 lb dog either. :rofl

9. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

That's like me saying Ellie Mae was a tiny thing at 850 lbs compared to the rest of the herd at 950 -1100 lbs. OK, that dog weighs more than my wife. So, I can call her tiny right? :D

10. Smedley

Smedley New Member

How many homemade pizzas a day do they eat? :rofl Nice looking dogs.

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Well at 2 1/2 lbs of dry food per dog minimum that would be @ 50lb bag of kibble every 10 days. :eek: What would that translate to in pizzas?

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Moosie only outweighs my German Shepherd male by 10 pounds--and my guy was ready to eat a squirrel one day. It took me all my strength and physical power to hold him back, and pull him away.

13. Edcculus

Ours used to be a squirrel catching machine...but now shes too fat.

When I'm home, I tell her there is a squirrel outside. She gets all excited, and tries to catch it. Man she doesn't stand a chance. :D

14. crackstar

Ed, my guy goes into a rage when he sees other animals--it's terrible, yet with people, he's a real gentleman.

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I see little Tanks in your future:D

Raf

16. Zeni

Zeni New Member

I call dibs on that litter. :drool

17. Smedley

Smedley New Member

After seeing pictures of Mama Bear's pizzas, let me cipher this out:

1 pizza looks like about 2 pounds food
    25 pizzas per 10 days
    1.25 pizzas per day per dog

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Start cooking Sue!

19. fritz

fritz New Member

I have a pair (sister/brother) of black Labs. They're tiny at only 110-125 pounds respectively. But my Ollie (Dame Olyve Oyl) likes squirrels and rabbits equally well---

Attached Files:

20. crackstar

Oh, there's no sweeter tempered dog than a Lab except, perhaps a Basset Hound!