2008 World Beer Cup Winners

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by VetsJetsnGuns, Apr 30, 2008.

1. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

2008 World Beer Cup Winners

One of my hometown breweries won Silver in Category 30:D

Sam Adams won something, so did Goose Island from IL, and also the Brooklyn Brewery (used to be somebody's avatar) won Gold in Category 65. (I used to drink my share of Brooklyn Lager at Yerman's Irish pub in Kew Gardens)

2. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Mmmmm...wheat beer :eatdrink047

Jordan

3. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I had some great WI beers when I visited there a few years ago. Great beers and great hospitality!

4. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

I see three wins from Canada. My favorite is "La fin du monde" by Unibrou. Cat. 48 Belgian strong.

5. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

6. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Category 54: Ordinary Bitter (10 Entries)
    Gold Cutthroat

Category 60: Brown Porter (28 Entries)
    Silver Cutthroat Porter

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Looks like I'll be making a trip to Bevmo soon. :D

8. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

I have been trying to get some Stone Brewing beers here in Wisconsin for quite some time. Today a gent I work with had family drive back home and a bottle of the Arrogant Bastard Ale & Stone Imperial Stout were put on my desk. Excellent - I cannot wait to give these a try.

In Wisconsin there are plenty of Microbrews I enjoy. When in Madison I highly recommend The Great Dane - specifically their Black Earth Porter. In Milwaukee, The Milwaukee Ale House and their Sheepshead Stout is also very good.

9. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

SS

Stone is a great brewery......I live about 75 miles away.
    Went down for the release of the IRS as it is one of my favorite beers.
    around 10% ABV it is really big but so complex you dont feel the alcohol until you stand up.
    Buy it up while you can; it wont be around long.

10. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

hard to find stuff- Sam's Wines in Chicago; think of a warehouse grocery store with no groceries- only booze and mainly wine.. I Just got a 10 year Laphroig for~ $43 with tax. Last time I checked this was the largest grossing sales liquor store in the United States

In Milwaukee, ya gotta take the Lakefront Tour, expecially given by Jim Kilsch, the owner/brewer. They brew two of my all time favorites: Pumpkin Spice Lager, and Big Easy Beer.

11. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

The Lakefront tour is a riot! I think I have taken it at least 7-8 times already as noted by my vast collection of glasses. The New Glarus tour could be the worst I have ever taken.