2019 TSD Meet Up! Sponsored by the 30DC!!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 2, 2019.

1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Meet me in St. Louis - again in 2019!!! The fine members of the 30 Day Crew cordially invite you to attend the Second Annual TSD Meet Up in St. Louis this June 21, 22 and 23. Well, technically St. Charles but you know how these big cities work.

Last year's inaugural event was a great time as we got to meet a few of our online cohorts, enjoy a great breakfast, St. Louis BBQ and a couple of the guys raided local antique shops for some pretty cool finds. We'll plan for that and more this year!

We will have a Limited Edition soap for this event - more details to come on that. Also - and this is breaking news - there are rumors of a Limited Edition brush as well. More details on that as well.

Plans call for the 21st to be arrival date, get into the motel, informal time that night, then Saturday morning we'll plan a big breakfast/BST/whatever else we want morning. Saturday afternoon you can roam the shops for hidden gold and then another fine BBQ dinner to end it Saturday. The Cardinals are in town that weekend, playing the Angels meaning this is the first time Albert Pujols has returned to STL since running away to L.A. If you'd like tickets to the Sunday afternoon game I would be happy to help arrange that. If there's enough interest expressed I'll see about group tickets.

We do need to start getting an idea on attendance. PLEASE RSVP below and also PM me if possible so I can start getting a head count. Wives are welcome. Trust me, when they meet some of us they'll realize how "normal" you are in comparison and leave you alone!!;)

More details to come. We have tentatively scheduled for two "celebrities" to join us and will be reaching out to vendors who are able to come as well.

If you need specific information let me know! I'll have hotel info out by the end off February. If you are flying in and need a ride from the airport let me know as well. I'll be available all day on the 21st to provide ground transportation.

Let's make it happen in the Lou!

:bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017:

2. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Count me in Neal.

Drygulch, Keithmax, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'm in!

1.jpg

Drygulch, Keithmax, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I am 90% probability of attending.

5. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I’d love to attend. Putting it on my calendar now!

6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

You're in! That's 1! You told me to count you in so there you go

Drygulch, Paul76, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Wow! You found the Cartel's earliest self-portrait. Impressive!

8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

As good as done!

Drygulch, wristwatchb and Keithmax like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Awesome!

10. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I'm up for it!

11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Your seat is reserved!

Drygulch, wristwatchb and Frijolero like this.
  12. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Neal, I was born and raised in Alabama and have lived in GA for the past 14 years. That being said, I have a strong taste for smoked meats. Do you guarantee the BBQ in St. Louis will be up to par??

Drygulch, Paul76, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'm a total rib and all kinds of BBQ freak. St. Louis has some of the best. If you need references may I refer you to @mrchick , @Drygulch , @wristwatchb , @Bama Samurai , @Paul76 , @Keithmax , and the rest of the crew from the first meet up last summer. They'll speak from their experience. :eatdrink023:

Drygulch, Paul76, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  14. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I wouldn’t fly halfway around the world andbe denied some tasty smoke meat.

Drygulch, NCoxSTL, Droo78 and 2 others like this.
  15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'm looking forward to it. I'm getting the truck detailed again this year for the trip.

1.jpg

16. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

It’s not that far a drive to KC

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Was that the "motorcade" vehicle you were talkinabout in describing the last St. Charles meetup?

18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I would imagine so, as it is the "Gateway To The West".

Drygulch, wristwatchb and NCoxSTL like this.
  20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

St Louis is the western edge of southern BBQ culture.

Epicenters:

Parker cut or Full pork ribs: St Louis
    Baby back ribs: Memphis
    Pork Shoulders: South Central TN, N Alabama, N Georgia
    Chicken: Counties of Morgan and Madison, AL
    Sausage: Central TX
    Beef Ribs: Kansas City, MO
    Brisket: the Hill Country of TX

Drygulch, GatorJoe, Keithmax and 5 others like this.