2023 Traveling Shave Den Round 1

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Enrico, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Hello from the steward of the Traveling Shave Den.

The box is returning from its rest and is ready to go back in to action again. Hoping to get it out no later than the third week of October so long as we have a minimum of ten participants.

The qualifications for this round are:
    1) Be a well-known member with at least 100 quality posts, likes, or trophies.
    2)Send me a PM with your real name, mailing address and a working telephone number. I may call you to verify your details.
    3)You understand that the box costs around $20.00 USD to ship to the next person on the list.
    4)You understand that you might not be able to pull $20.00 USD worth of items from the box to make this adventure worth your money.
    5) You agree not to use this box for profit e.g. selling razors, brushes etc. on ebay or facebook. This said taking items that need restoring or extensive work is permissible (you are making it yours).
    6) You agree to post pictures ...... We :love055: pictures e.g. unboxing, takes, gives or shaves with contents.
    7) Remember this is supposed to be fun .... so enjoy the tour.

You must take more from the box than what you put in. (or at least try to)

Upon receiving the box, you will PM the next person on the list and request their mailing address, if you do not have it already, from a previous engagement.

Normally you will hold the box no longer than seven days before shipping to the next person on the list. If you have life problems that prevent you from shipping after seven days, kindly post the delay in this thread. This may include delays due to holidays ..... we try to be understanding.

You will put shaving items in the box, or other collector items into the box. Pens, knives, pipes, etc... Or other items that you post asking an interest for.

Lastly, sign the inner lid with your screen name and dates that you held the box.

These rules are not to laborious our tyrannical, but to show basic guidelines and goals. Communication is the key to prevent misunderstandings.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

Currently signed up ........

@MR41
    @jimjo1031
    @cliffb599
    @jaro
    @jwr3265
    @Ijustmissedthe50s
    @Frijolero
    @John Beeman

Randomized (sort of)
    1) @MR41
    2) @John Beeman
    3) @Frijolero
    4) @cliffb599
    5) @jimjo1031
    6) @FatherofSquirrel
    7) @jwr3265
    8) @Ijustmissedthe50s
    9) @jaro
    10) @gorgo2

I figure on average each month about 2.5 participants will have received the box. This includes travel time and life happening.

Anyone that wishes to join after this initial list will be tacked on as they inform me of their wishes.

After the round is completed the box is to be returned to the current steward (myself)

:)

Last edited: May 1, 2023
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Currently we have seven members signed up for the 2022 traveling Shave Den Round Two. We really should have at least three more.

MR41 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  3. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

No more takers yet huh? It’s a blast to be involved. You just never know what’s going to turnip in the box. I’m surprised we haven’t found at least three more participants. If you haven’t been involved yet I just want to let you all know how much fun it is…both the gives and the takes!

Enrico likes this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's not a bust ....... just delayed. Unless we have a few more jump in, I'll go with what @jaro suggested and wait till the first week of January to ship to the first participant (regardless if we have ten or not).

If everyone's good with that, that'll be the plan. Please let me know either way.

5. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Sounds good to me...
    Oh BTW....
    BUMP
    If you haven't joined yet then you still have a chance !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Just a FYI ....... I'm in the works of of creating (for those out of the country) virtual participants.

7. jaro

headshake-most (1) bvbd.gif

Frijolero, Lancre and John Beeman like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

jaro likes this.
  9. jaro

Haha...Ok fair enough.... I figured you would explain , if and when you chose too.

Enrico likes this.
  10. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Enrico and jaro like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Well the idea is this ..... we have members from Canada that would like to participate, but due to the AS in the box and the shipping cost to send the large box across the border is crazy; I thought of them participating virtually. The virtual participant would be paired up with a CONUS member that's willing to work with the VP.

Procedure as follows:

1) VP agrees to pay for the shipping from CONUS address to VP's address prior to joining Traveling Shave Den box.
    2) VP virtually goes through TSD box through pics, FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, etc.
    3) VP items are boxed to ship to VP address.
    4) VP adds items to the box either by ordering from Walmart to replace some items or make arrangements with CONUS box holder to add some items to box for agreed on price.
    5) CONUS box holder ships TSD box to next participant.

I may sound convoluted, but I wanted more members to have the opportunity to participate in TSD box.

How does this sound to you?

@MR41
    @jimjo1031
    @cliffb599
    @jaro
    @jwr3265
    @Ijustmissedthe50s
    @Frijolero
    @John Beeman

Frijolero, PLANofMAN, MR41 and 2 others like this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Last time I picked out a soap for @brit as he lives in Canada and I was going to send him some things anyway. I think it's a good idea..........

13. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I'm in sounds Great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s and Enrico like this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I know.

SMELL-O-VISION!

15. jaro

That's fine. I have a few I recycle for certain feelings and whatever...

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  16. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

We still have room for you @gorgo2 and @Lancre

Ijustmissedthe50s and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I have never been any good with

18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

For you we'd make an exception.

;)

Ijustmissedthe50s and gorgo2 like this.
  19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Because you know I don't offload junk! :happy088:

Ijustmissedthe50s and Enrico like this.