2023 Traveling Shave Den Round 1

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Enrico, Oct 5, 2022.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Tried the Pearl Blaze razor today. Very nice all brass tool. I was curious about it so I checked a few vendors and noticed it comes with some little plastic washers when you buy it new but I couldn't find out what they were for and this one didn't come with any. Fortunately @poppi was able to answer the mystery. Apparently they are provided in case the head doesn't fit perfectly.
    It's a very attractive and substantial razor with nice balance and a good grip. I was in a bit of a hurry though this morning so I want to give it another go before deciding if I want to keep it.
    Tried the Avon Mesmerize Black shower gel which I'll probably keep and the same for the Chiseled Face Santa Paula A/S. I have the matching Santa Paula soap and like the scent.

IMG_6574.jpg

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I received the pearl in the last TSD raffle ......... I thought it was a beautiful razor, just wasn't the razor for me. I'm like that with razors ...... either we're best friend or its out the door.

:)

Frijolero, MR41 and John Beeman like this.
  3. John Beeman

Gave the Pearl Blaze another run today. I think I'm going to hang onto this one for awhile.
    Finished up with the Crabtree & Evelyn Moroccan Myrrh A/S balm. I will be keeping this one for sure.

Having a busy week and the coming weekend looks the same but my plan is to have my gives and takes figured out and get the box back on the road.

macaronus, Frijolero and Enrico like this.
  4. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

OK, no judgement, but good-natured harassment is still on the table? :signs136:

macaronus, MR41, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs107: ................ So John how'd those stick on nails work out for you?? Did you try them out after your pedicure?

:happy097:

macaronus, Frijolero and MR41 like this.
  6. John Beeman

There were only a few pair and unfortunately none of them coordinated with my toolbelt.

toolbelt.jpg

macaronus, Frijolero, MR41 and 2 others like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: :happy097:

MR41 likes this.
  8. John Beeman

Well, so much for my plan to get the box back on the road this past weekend. Too much going on plus a couple of unexpected things popped up so I need to get on the stick this week and get the box moving again.
    I shaved with the Pearl Blaze again yesterday morning using a fresh Treet carbon blade for a smooth and satisfying result.

9. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

I am bowing out for right now. I have some things going on and need to spend my money in other places. Sorry.

Frijolero and Enrico like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

@John Beeman you will need to send the box to @Frijolero

@jaro thank you for giving us the heads up. Your welcome back when you are ready.

11. jaro

Thanks. I appreciate that.

macaronus likes this.
  12. John Beeman

Unfortunate that @jaro isn’t able to enjoy the box but it worked out that I was behind on mailing it out.
    I sent a PM to @Frijolero

13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I think we need @gorgo2 to jump on board.

[​IMG]

Or

[​IMG]

;)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    macaronus and Frijolero like this.
  14. jaro

Like I said in the PM, I had thought about it and when it was delayed that just confirmed it was the right thing for me to do at this time... Enjoy everyone..

macaronus and Enrico like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

No worries

:happy088:

jaro likes this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

[​IMG]

Man, I always end up putting more in than I need to take out, which is totally not the point of the Box.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  17. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

In that case, if @gorgo2 goes right before me, I'll jump in.

:D

gorgo2, macaronus, Lancre and 3 others like this.
  18. jaro

I might be able to sign back up before the current pass around is done if thats possible but I just don't know yet....

19. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Just replied.

Guess that depends on whether any of us can manage to get the box back on its way in a week. I think the odds are in your favor. :D

macaronus, Enrico, jaro and 1 other person like this.
  20. John Beeman

Packed the box tonight and I hope to drop it at a post office tomorrow.
    Took pictures of gives and takes that I will try to post tomorrow.
    Sorry for keeping it longer than seven days but I have too much on my plate at the moment.

Enrico and Frijolero like this.