2nd Annual 30DC Shavey Awards

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BaylorGator, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Watch out, he will!!!

Drygulch and 9nein9 like this.
  2. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I’d rather show you. 90s alternative, meet Johnny Cash. Probably my favorite Cash cover song. And Happy Birthday, @Paul Turner!

I forgot to ask, is this thread unhijackable like the 30DC?

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Keithmax, BaylorGator and 9nein9 like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Is there an award for Most Subtle Enabling? That B&M 42 is available again.
    Petunias, ambergris, tea, and Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.

4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

You are correct. That is a first.

Keithmax, Drygulch and 9nein9 like this.
  5. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

15253020094030.jpg 15253020379181.jpg
    Looks like a Canadian window scraper but the patent is still pending due to safety concerns. Posted the shave report in the 30dc forum.

jeraldgordon, AlDm, Drygulch and 7 others like this.
  6. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Also added to the innovation & trailblazer category nomination. More nominations may follow, but on May 2, the Academy is holding them close to the vest. Cheers! (See what I did there?)

SharptoothC, 9nein9 and Linuxguile like this.
  7. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Oh. I'm just getting started .:signs136:
    I named the first creation the Frankenrazor btw.

SharptoothC, Keithmax and Linuxguile like this.
  8. BaylorGator

In an unprecedented move, the Academy is pleased to announce the first nomination for "Best Shave with an Item Least Suitable for Shaving" to an item actually originally designed for shaving. I'm sure in the gulag, Neal's Chernobyl brush passes for shaving gear, but I don't think anyone here will deny that the brush is completely not suitable for shaving. On the bright side, since questionable russian skin cream, first aid cream, or some other unverified communist cream was used in lieu of shaving cream, there may have been no need to apply any further first aid treatment had the shave gone wrong. @NCoxSTL: Cheers, congratulations, and don't forget to give Boris his toupe back after MAYhem is over.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    jeraldgordon, wchnu, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

It I within the above logic that I had thought about nominating my Sensor Deuce Pivot DisposeABLE razor for this award. It may not be the strongest and most attractive razor out there, but it works well enough with proper preparation(my shower bodywashes), and good, quality shave cream or soap. Thus, my decision to place it in nomination has yet to be reached.

Keithmax likes this.
  10. BaylorGator

A few thoughts, Paul. Probably my fault for not adequately explaining the rules regarding nominations this year. As such, I'm going to clarify in the original post to avoid further confusion. Sorry for my short sightedness.

1. The award is for the actual MAYhem shave, not the gear itself. The shave itself (and preferably pics since, as they say "pics or it didn't happen") must be posted in the 30DC thread in order to receive a nomination.
    2. You can't nominate your own shave (or picture) for an award (with the exception of the "Nominate Yourself" categories, which are more like PIFs). Someone else in the 30DC must recommend a nomination to the Academy for a specific shave posted in the 30DC thread in order for it to be considered for a specific award.
    3. The "Best Shave with an Item Least Suitable for Shaving" category is typically reserved for non-shaving items being used for a MAYhem shave (last year's nominees include shaves conducted with razors made using items such as a twig, a binder clip, and taping a blade to a finger with surgical tape). The idea is that someone pulls off a successful, drama free shave with something that no sane person would ever consider shaving with. As such, it is unlikely that the Academy would put forth a second nomination for a shave using gear that was actually originally designed for shaving. Having said that, based on the photographic evidence submitted by @NCoxSTL, the Academy is skeptical that the tussled mange attached to a metalic looking bulbous object utilized in the shave, was in fact, actually designed for shaving. We suspect it was harvested from the toupe of a cartel member gone wrong who was subjected to an "accidental" leopard attack, but we lack the evidence to prove this at this point. Fear not, though, the Cookie Revolutionaries have people "on the inside" who are looking into this as we speak.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Keithmax, Drygulch, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

OK thanks Randy....perhaps I should apologize too for not quite picking up on the previous rules set forth by the Academy. That leopard shot was scary!!(The poor guy must have been wondering where Lassie was).

PLAla and BaylorGator like this.
  12. BaylorGator

No worries, brother. The "Nominate Yourself" section is new to the Shaveys this year, and probably warranted a bit more explanation than I gave it. If you were confused at the difference between the two, I'm sure others were as well. I went back to the original post and clarified, so we should be good to go now. Thanks!

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

By the way-what is a "stunt" shave?

14. BaylorGator

One that any sane person would call in a stuntman for. Take, for example, the aforementioned twig shave, paperclip shave, bottle opener shave, paint scraper shave, etc. In short, the stuff of MAYhem.

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

Right-gotcha. They reminded me of how my Mom used to laugh when I'd pull out a credit card and scrape it across my face so she could "hear" how badly I needed a shave! Course that wouldn't be a stunt shave, as it wouldn;t cut off the whiskers as would the stunters.

BaylorGator likes this.
  16. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I'll just leave this here...

17. Paul Turner

Grr...why does my computer keep failing to show these ?

18. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Well, you could sharpen the creditcard and find a way to harden the edge enough that it would actually cut whiskers.
    Yup, just like that.
    Its a security setting within your PC. I can't view any external media when I look at the forum on my work PC, but I can see it on my phone as long as I am not on my work WIFI.

Keithmax and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Paul Turner

1)-I'd have to make sure it was an innocent credit card(that is, one you don't have to slide through a machine). Library, perhaps :).
    2)-Well, I suppose I'm grateful to get as much security in life as I can these days. But I do miss what you guys put out(although I can see SOME of 'em).

Drygulch likes this.
  20. BaylorGator

Nominations continue with 2 new entries in the "Best Shave with Item Least Suited for Shaving" category (congrats @9nein9 and @Screwtape)

NCoxSTL, 9nein9 and Keithmax like this.