2nd Annual TSD Pay It Forward (PIF) Month

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Queen of Blades, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Pay It Forward, or PIF as you’ll see it referred to most often, is passing along an act of goodwill.
    Instead of paying it back, it is paid forward.

PIFing is an integral part of The Shave Den.
    The forum itself is a PIF. A gift of education and camaraderie, from the mods who tirelessly keep things on track and help maintain the atmosphere we all enjoy, to the admin who keeps the cogs turning smoothly, and the members who stick around to pass forward the knowledge they have gained through the forum.

Members have long been helping each other find the best ways to enjoy their shave, by freely passing along soaps, creams, blades, razors, and all the other exhaustive types of wetshaving paraphernalia out there.
    And even coffee. ;)

PIFing is certainly more than material objects. Without the in depth educational efforts of many of our members, the tangible items would be near worthless. I believe the educational PIFs carry more value than the physical PIFs.
    They just don’t fit in shipping boxes very well, ya know? :rofl:

The mods were inspired, by the many acts of sharing, to create PIF Month.

We are in our second year of celebrating PIF Month, and it looks like it will be even bigger and better than last year! The ever growing list of PIFs can be seen here.
    The PIF contests have been wonderfully creative and fun, and I applaud everyone who is Paying It Forward! :happy096:

I like to hope that some of us take that goodwill and carry it with us out into every aspect of our lives. :)

2. Lyndon

Lyndon Well-Known Member

Very well said JoAnna. :)

I feel that your small shaving samples at TSD Store are a good example of a PIF. What a great service and what a great way to help people try out all the various shaving products. Sure I could try every soap, cream, balm and lotion out there if I shaved five times a day and lived to be 100! I have been wanting to thank you for a long time, your efforts are very much appreciated.

Best Regards, Lyndon

fishcrow, Billr and Queen of Blades like this.
  3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thank you, Lyndon!
    I've often been asked why I sell samples of products I don't sell in full sizes, and I had never thought of it the way you put it, but yes, it is to help people. I have a huge list of cream samples, have been doing the samples for years, and still haven't managed to buy every brand and fragrance out there. Can't imagine most wetshavers have, either, or would even want to.

fishcrow and Billr like this.
  4. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Bravo! Well said. There's a reason I choose to make TSD my internet "home". It's the generosity and warmth that comes from the mods and members of this amazing forum.

fishcrow likes this.
  5. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Great post JoAnna!
    And a huge thanks to you and the other founders and mods of TSD! You're all great!

fishcrow likes this.
  6. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

:signs097::happy096::signs107:
    JoAnna, a great post.

Thanks to the all those that make this GREAT forum possible.

Thanks to all the GREAT members that have joined this forum.

TSD, is not only forum, it has heart and soul. Everyone shares a part of their lives freely and openly here. I feel like I am part of a big family.

PLANofMAN, macaronus and Lyndon like this.
  7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

:signs011:

8. ...And that's why this forum is awesome. :happy088: