3 Green Ever Ready 200 reknots for 3 generations

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by battle.munky, Nov 28, 2011.

1. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Y'all may remember when I started my Ever Ready reknot initially, perhaps not, but either way, you are going to get the gist of it now :p

So, when I got my first one drilled out and was starting to look at knots for it, my wife said that it would be a really good idea to make two more, one for my son and one for my dad. Rarely is a full out authorization for more shave gear given, so I set out to track two more down. The bay yielded one within a few weeks and for a shiny penny. When I was about ready to give up and just make one for Dad and leave my boy out to stumble onto one of his own at some point in the future I get a PM from Dale (PanChango) offering me one that he lost the gumption to complete. I took him up on his super gracious offer and set to work. They were all three pretty grungy and needed a ton of sanding which my lack of skill lead to sanding off the nice little lip on the base to more of a contoured smooth base; at least it is that way on all three of them ;)

What I ended up with was one TGN super badger and two TGN silvertips, all 26mm and all set at right around 55mm in loft.

So, with a shave mug full of thanks to Dale, here we go:

100_3706.JPG

^I didn't think to take in work photos of the others....^

100_3778.JPG

^Here are the three as soon as I got the last knot set.^

100_3775.JPG

^Here is another shot with the blue and white 24 mm short loft silvertip I reknotted too.^

greens in bloom.jpg

^And here are the two silvertips after at least one lathering. The one on the left is mine and I've used it about 3 or 4 times now and the one on the right is my son's. He doesn't shave very frequently yet so his isn't done blooming yet.^

I'll have to get Dad to post pics of his when he gets the chance so we can add it in bloom here too.

Sorry the pics leave a lot to be desired, I must not have been being very careful or had too much coffee or something? :eatdrink013:

swarden43, tuco99, wyatt46 and 7 others like this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Very nice fleet of Greenie's! It is amazing how an afternoon of sanding can transform the nastiest looking brush into a work of art!

battle.munky likes this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Well done. I'm glad you put it to good use.

battle.munky likes this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent work!

battle.munky likes this.
  5. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Very nice work Bob, I actually like the lip sanded down that way..

Kudos on getting a 26mm Super in there, they're more like 30mm haha.

battle.munky likes this.
  6. Johnny

Johnny Little Boy Blue

I would like to be adopted by you. :) Very nice.

battle.munky and tomnat like this.
  7. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Very nice work!

battle.munky likes this.
  8. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Nice job:) you did good getting 3 vintage brush's the same, great gift to get.

battle.munky likes this.
  9. wyatt46

wyatt46 Well-Known Member

Well done
    Don't let Jeff too close to those Green ones

battle.munky likes this.
  10. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Great job, Bob! I like that set. Great idea of making one of the same for each of you.

battle.munky likes this.
  11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy088::happy088: Beautiful work.

battle.munky likes this.
  12. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

And here it is. NOW I understand the big whoopty doo over "good" brushes. Till now, if it made a lather, that was good enough. Boy howdy have the times changed. Thank You son, for a good brush!

Attached Files:

battle.munky, swarden43 and wyatt46 like this.
  13. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Knot density aside, the softness of those knots isn't too far behind Simpsons Super. ;)

battle.munky likes this.